cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSIS package on dual server installation question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have two server installation: 32 bit application/web server, and 64 bit database server.

We have a number of packages that rebuild and process dimensions daily.

Recently one of them started to fail with a bunch of SSIS buffers and memory management errors, such as "buffer failed to allocate memory", "out of memory conditions" etc.

The log also has the following line: "The system reports 54 percent memory load. There are 3488870400 bytes of physical memory....", which means that this package uses 32bit app server's resources (64-bit database server has 32G of RAM). SSIS isn't running on app server.

Also if you run a package on appserver using SSIS excecution utility or from BIDS, it runs just fine. It fails only if run from BPC.

Any clues about how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Roman.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes you have to check when the package is running if it is any dllhost.exe into app server going close by 2GB of RAM.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

If I understood correct you have a custom package which is failing if you are running trough server manager but it is working if you are running the package from command line or from Visual Studio.

I think you have to check into application server the size of processes dllhost.exe.

My guess it is that one of processes is arriving close by 2GB of Ram maximum supported by a Windows 32 bits processes.

So the you have to monitor the size of dllhost.exe when you are runing the processes from DM.

I would like to know more information about how you are running that package when is working.

Are you running the package from database server?

If yes then I can understand why is working otherwise if you are running the package from app server should fail.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sorin for the reply.

Yes, the package is a custom package that builds mbr table to be processed by BPC. One of the DataFlow tasks is what's failing. If i disable BPC Admin tasks and run the package on app server ( not on database server), it finishes successfully. But it fails if run from BPC.

I'll try your suggestion and watch memory usage by dllhost.exe. There's a bunch of them there, do I look for any that gets close to 2G?