cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRUNCONSO copies Intercompany records in one Application, but not another.

Former Member
0 Kudos
63

Hi,

I am experiencing a problem results with the SPRUNCONSO Stored Procedure.

We have two applications; a Statutory (Legal) App and a Management App (in the same AppSet). Both are of AppType=Consolidation. The shared dimensions are [Category, DataSrc, Time]. The dimensions specific to each Application are [Account, Analysis (U), Currency, Entity, Flow (S), Interco].

In the Statutory Application (which works fine), we consolidate the rollup base data (all of it, including all Flows (S) and Analysis (U)) from one DataSrc to another DataSrc. (The DataSrcu2019s are independent of each other). Looking at the dbo.CTBLAUDIT_CONSO table (which is where the SPRUNCONSO logs all its data to), all the records do what is expected of them. Specifically, I am looking at the Elimination Entities (Elim=Y in the member sheet) which is where the Intercompany Eliminations get posted to from Script Logic *WHEN CPE(u2026). (What this means is that the InterCo <> I_NONE for all the entries). In terms of Rules and Methods, Method=100 and the RuleType is Equity that writes the record.

In the Management Application, I copy the Automatic Adjustments and Automatic Adjustment Details from the Statutory Application. The Accounts are much the same. The same applies for the Entities (although the structure is naturally different). The only thing I do different is use US Elimination (SPRUNELIM) for Intercompany Elimination and post them to a separate DataSrc. It works fine.

However, when I run the consolidation for the Management Application, the only records that do not come across (from one DataSrc to the next) are the Intercompany Eliminations.

I have tried moving them into the same DataSrc as the rest of the data and re-running the Consolidation. No luck.

I have run the Consolidation limiting the Source Data Source (in Automatic Adjustment) to only where the Elimination records live. The error I then get is the following:

MSG

SPRunConso Version 7.0.115

ERROR CSD-150 Problem extracting Data : C_REPART

ERROR CSD-160 Problem extracting Data : C_CONSO

20110600 - 21 Rows Calculated

20110600 - 18 Rows Updated

(The errors do not appear if the Automatic Adjustment Source Data Source includes records that do get converted)

I can find no obvious difference in the member sheets between the non-shared dimension members. Both are YTD applications. I have spent ages looking for differences as to why it works in one Application, but not the other (just for a small collection of records). Iu2019m all out of ideas.

Any pointers where else I can look?

Regards

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JohnL
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

What values do you have in the "Adjustment level" column in the Automatic Adjustment Business Rules table?

Can you provide a screen shot of this somehow?

The business rules are calculating something:

SPRunConso Version 7.0.115

ERROR CSD-150 Problem extracting Data : C_REPART

ERROR CSD-160 Problem extracting Data : C_CONSO

20110600 - 21 Rows Calculated

20110600 - 18 Rows Updated

The CSD-150 / CSD-160 errors could also point you to look at the following:

CSD-150 ERROR CSD-150 Problem Extracting data - C_REPART

No Values found for those rules.

Check the method between METHOD Table and your ownership Cube.

Check your Rules between the RULES Table and The ELIM Table.

Check The INTCO.

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply.

Good spot there, with the Adjustment Levels. In the working Application (Statutory), they are all set to 0 (zero). In the not-working Application (Management), they were all set to blank. I then set them all to 0 (zero) and then ran again. No luck. I then had them the Adjustments in a sequence (1,2,3,4,5). Again, no luck with the error log just repeating the errors for each sequence (so I see the same errors repeated 5 times, rather than once).

Do you still want a screenshot / table of the Adjustments?

I have had a look at the Ownership Cube. All the entities that don't consolidate have Method 100 (Global) in the Management (non-working) Application. Since Rules, Methods and Rule Formulas are shared, there is not much to check there. (They have Method 100 in the Statutory Application, too).

In terms of the Intercompany Member Sheets, I don't think there is too much to look for. The Statutory (working) Application has one additional member in the InterCo Member Sheet which is used for something else in Input Schedules. Other than that, not much. None of the Consol Entities (the Entities which do not consolidate) have InterCo's in either application. In my opinion, this is correct as they are merely technical entities in which to post the Intercompany Elimination.

Let me know if there is anything more I can give you to work with.

Regards

Nick

Answers (0)