cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRUNCALCACCOUNT CALC-030 No TIME Extract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was running a DM package to execute SPRUNCALCACCOUNT. I found an error after the DM package was finished.

excerpt from log file:

Executing SPRUNCALCACCOUNT
'WJEFD','ACTUAL','LC','SPSCOPE_240831','SPLOG_597360','BSSTEP1'

SPRunCalcAccount Version 7.105
*ERROR* CALC-030 No TIME Extract

What does this error mean? And how can this be fixed?

BTW, the code in the script logic file is as follows:

*RUN_STORED_PROCEDURE =
SPRUNCALCACCOUNT('%APP%','%CATEGORY_SET%','%RPTCURRENCY_SET%','%SCOPETABLE%','%LOGTABLE%','BSSTEP1')
*COMMIT

FYI. I'm using BPC 7 MS

Best Regards,

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What time periods are in the scope that is sent to the logic? (Should be at top of the log file)

There may be something unexpected in either the syntax of your time member IDs, or one of the time dimension properties that is set for these particular members (PERIOD, MONTHNUM, PRIOR, etc.)

What features are you using in the setup of the business rules in this transformation group BSSTEP1 - any time period offset? Prior year / prior month?

Does your time dimension have months as the base members, or something unusual?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

First of all, thanks for often giving your valuable advices so promptly.

I finally called up SAP Support and they found our that I missed the %TIME_DIM% parameter in the MODIFYSCRIPT, which is defined in the DTSX.

Now the problem was solved. However, this confuses me. SPRUNCALCACCOUNT is executed without using TIME parameter, only CATEGORY and CURRENCY. Why is TIME needed?

*RUN_STORED_PROCEDURE =
SPRUNCALCACCOUNT('%APP%','%CATEGORY_SET%','%RPTCURRENCY_SET%','%SCOPETABLE%','%LOGTABLE%','BSSTEP1')
*COMMIT

Best Regards,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Time is enshrouded in the mystery of SCOPETABLE.

- You need to pass the time period(s) through from the package to the logic engine, so it knows what time periods to calculate. (You could ask the same question about entity, or any user-defined dimensions that you've added.)

- The logic engine then somehow takes all that information and puts it into a scoping table. I've never known exactly how this works, but I imagine it's a temp table that is created on the DB, containing the dimensional scoping (list of members) for every dimension in the application, against which the logic is to execute.

- If you pour through some logic debug logs, you may see some evidence of this -- but I think this is primarily used in the business rules (passed as a variable to the SPRunXYZ stored procedures) and these produce very limited debug information. So maybe it's hard to learn exactly what's going on.

- Each of the SPRunXYZ stored proc's has its own requirements for explicit dimensional scoping, separate from the SCOPETABLE. Usually it's category, or currency, and other dimensions are handled by the SCOPETABLE.

- the stored proc's vary, according to each one's functional capabilities, in how they allow for any specific scoping of other dimensions. Most of the business rules control account, datasrc, accDetail/flow, and some given control over time, or "other dimension filters", etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your detailed information.

Regards,

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having the same issue and i do have %time_dim% in my modifyscript. The log information is below, can someone provide any insight? Thanks.

Executing SPRUNCALCACCOUNT FINANCE,ACTUAL,USD,SPSCOPE_807623,SPLOG_47478,ROLLCPNI

SPRunCalcAccount Version 7.0.114

ERROR CALC-030 No TIME Extract

Time to run stored procedure:1.7 sec.

call 1 completed and data posted in 2.6 sec.

Run completed in 2.7 sec.

****************************************************************************************************

End time --->4:16:22 PM - Date:4/1/2010

****************************************************************************************************

SPRunCalcAccount Version 7.0.114

ERROR CALC-030 No TIME Extract

Modifyscript

'DEBUG(ON)

PROMPT(RADIOBUTTON,%CHECKLCK%,"Select whether to check work status settings when running logic.",1,{"Yes, check for work status settings before running logic","No, do not check work status settings"},{"1","0"})

PROMPT(SELECTINPUT,,,"Please select category, entity and time for income to CPNI",%CATEGORY_DIM%%ENTITY_DIM%%TIME_DIM%)

TASK(Execute formulas,USER,%USER%)

TASK(Execute formulas,APPSET,%APPSET%)

TASK(Execute formulas,APP,%APP%)

TASK(Execute formulas,SELECTION,%SELECTIONFILE%)

TASK(Execute formulas,LOGICFILE,%APPPATH%\..\AdminApp\%APP%\Kia_InomceToCPNI.lgx)

TASK(Execute formulas,RUNMODE,1)

TASK(Execute formulas,LOGICMODE,1)

TASK(Execute formulas,CHECKLCK,%CHECKLCK%)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jeffrey_Holdema
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have moved this thread to the BPC MS forum. Notice the sticky [note|; at the top of the FPM - General (PCM, FC, Other) Forum whereby we announced new dedicated forums for BPC which are the proper place to post your questions regarding BPC in the future.

[Jeffrey Holdeman|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/Jeffrey+Holdeman]

SAP BusinessObjects

Enterprise Performance Management

Regional Implementation Group