cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Journals Error - Column () must be specified in journal file

former_member210696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here is what I have done -

1. Created a journal template and posted 1 journal.

2. Ran export package which generated a .jrn file with 1 header and 2 rows for journal entries.

3. Opened the .jrn file in notepad and saved as txt.

4. Opened the .txt file from excel and made it delimited with comma and saved it as csv.

5. Made some changes and tried running import journal package with this csv as input.

First, it gave an error saying ACCOUNT_GR not found. I found in an other working environment that the header for account dimension is kept as ACCOUNT_GR even though account dim name is account, so I changed to ACCOUNT_GR in my csv

Then, it started giving this error, Column () must be specified in journal file. I am sure I have saved this correctly as csv, Any other thoughts please?

BPC 10.1 on HANA BW 740.

View Entire Topic
former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can test that this original jrn file will be successfully imported!

Just change in Nodepad JRN_ID to 0000000002

Looks like your issues are result of Excel save to csv - may be " are added or ...

P.S. Show the dimension list for the model! And please, use "Insert Image" instead of "Insert File" - hard to read!

former_member210696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Here is what I did -

1. Ran export and it had 2 records (cr/dr) as I posted one journal. Opened the .jrn file in notepad.

2. Changed the journal id from 1 to 2. Saved the file as .csv file.

3. Ran import and it failed saying dimension ACCOUNT_GR not found.

4. Updated the file and chnged the account dimension name from ACCOUNT to ACCOUNT_GR.

5. Re-ran the import and again the same error - Columns () must be specified in the journal file.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Something is damaged in your journal template!

Just for test create a fresh copy of ENVIRONMENTSHELL and create test journal. Export/import and you will see that everything is working!