Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello I need some help with reporting requirement -

There are two seperate parent nodes -

Parent ABC

Parent XYZ

ABC has 3 base members - A_1,B_1,C_1

XYZ has 3 base members - X_10,Y_10, Z_10

Now my report requirement is that the client wants to see sum of all the basemembers of ABC and XYZ parent nodes except account A_1 & X_10 in a cell. Keep in mind that this has to be done using one eVDRE. And also keep in mind that there could be more base members later on in the future, so I cant just do B_1 + C_1 + Y_10+ Z_10.

Please advise on the approach.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

krishna_priya1
Contributor
0 Kudos

you can exclude A_1 from base accounts of ABC . MemberSet that can be used is

A_1,X_10,,BAS(ABC) AND ID NotEqual Symbol "A_1", BAS(XYZ) AND ID NotEqual Symbol "X_10"

,, that is specified after X_10 is to insert a blank row ,where in you can type in the excel formula to add A_1 & X_10 . After expanding report once, you can hide columns that contain keys A_1 & X_10

Note : < and > is not getting displayed when previewed the message . so typed in as Not Equal Symbol .

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brilliant Idea Krishna! I will try it out and let you tomorrow if it worked.

Thanks.

brahmareddy_kolli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zalak,

Do you want show these members(A_1,B_10) in report or not and also how many rows and columns are you using in report

Let me know i will give solution for this issue.

Regards

BrahmaReddy Kolli

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont want to show them at all in the report, also the rows and columns are dynamically expanded, so number of rows and columns are uncertain. thanks.

krishna_priya1
Contributor
0 Kudos

you can exclude A_1 from base accounts of ABC . MemberSet that can be used is

A_1,X_10,,BAS(ABC) AND ID<>"A_1", BAS(XYZ)  AND ID<>"X_10" 

,, that is specified after X_10 is to insert a blank row ,where in you can type in the excel formula to add A_1 & X_10 . After expanding report once, you can hide columns that contain keys A_1 & X_10

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only option I can think of is to have a property to determine which accounts should be added.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nilanjan, Any other options anybody can suggest? thanks.