cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SSM 7.5 SP11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using SSM 7.5 for 1,5 years without any problems. We tried to patch our system with SP11 (no problems noticed during upgrade).

But now we face 2 problems :

- In ENtry and Approval, when we want to load PAS, we receive an error message "cannot get exclusive access or missing proc file"

- In PAS, we can see data on all KPIs but when we run the scorecard no values are shown

In SSM Admin, all connection to model are working. We also restarted server and services to kill all pending sessions without success. At last, we checked that proc files are located at the right place (OK)

OUr environment is based on Linux.

Have you any idea of what I could try to check to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance

J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacques,

Which database server(oracle or sql), are you using.Based on that you need to copy the procs file into the folder named Procs.This kind of error will come only if procs file are misplaced or with the version mismatch of proc files.

Regards

Bala

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your second symptom is a result of the first. The data load faled and so now there is no scorecard values.

Bala is probably correct with regards to the procs. Applying the SP may require you to re-copy the procs from the subordinate directly to the parent directory.

You say you check ed they were in place, but the raw install has procs of the right name in place but the content are wrong. That's why, depending on your RDBMS type, you need to copy the procs.

If you've done this the next thing to check is to go into PAS and build a query to read the CPMS tables using the link id. The SQL user defined in the DSN must be the owner of the tables. To tell whether this is working write to procs.

The first will use  you link to "Select * from CPMS.Cubes". (You will need to check the actual name of the table as I am doing this from memory.)

The second will "Select * from Cubes".

If the first works and the second fails then you are not the owner of the tables and so even the correct procs will fail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for answers. We already copied procs so that is not the problem. I will try the query in pas and let you know.

Regards