Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

Print Profile for Foreign Trade Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

does anybody know how to use a print profile in GTS to print the EAD in the inventory management system (SAP ERP)? When posting goods issue the EAD should be printed automatically together with all other export relevant documents.

I created a print profile in GTS but the SAP Documentation did not describe which settings have to made in the ERP. SAP describes the following:

Define Print Profile for Foreign Trade Documents

Use

In this IMG activity, you define print profiles to enable you to dynamically regulate the output of foreign trade documents. This allows you to determine that the system is to print out all the documents relevant to a foreign trade transaction on specific printers.

If you want your inventory management system to print these documents in a goods issue gate, you can call a print function in SAP GTS from the inventory management system. The print profile name from your inventory management system is transferred to this print function. When printing documents, the print profile overwrites the print parameters that are set in SAP GTS.

Thanks,

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirstian,

there is the acitivity EXZAM to define the output of the EAD (in GTS 8.0)

For print check message EBX10 and action "EU_CU_EX_M_BCXCD_EAD_SEND"

hope this helps,

Ralf

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

First, if I'm reading your question correctly, you are either accessing some ERP text related to the "foreign trade" module in R/3 (or ECC) -OR- you are misinterpreting "inventory management" to be associated with the ERP system. In this case, I believe it is referring to a Bonded Warehouse, the functions of which are also found in GTS.

So the translation might mean that you can trigger the EAD as your goods export from the 'Bonded Warehouse' that is setup in GTS. If that is correct, the issue may not be so much related to print profile configuration anymore, but rather in the area of configuring Bonded Warehouse functionality.

Hope this helps. If not, just ignore me and hopefully someone with better skills than me will come along soon. That person shouldn't be to difficult to find.

Cheers !

Greg