cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package and Logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to run a logic file for a set of account-members that the user selected in a package.

I copied the ecelim package and call my lgf logic file from the package - this still works fine.

But it seems instead of filling the selected members into my list, the lists variable name is used in the logic.

Which prompt commands do I have to use in the dtsx file to be able to select several accounts and how can I access the selection (list?) in the script logic?

Right now, I have something like:

SELECT(SLECTINPUT,,%ACCLIST%,"Select members you want to use...",%TIME_DIM%,%ACCOUNT_DIM%%CATEGORY_DIM%)

Btw: what is the difference of first variable, second variable? Would firstvariable take the selected members of the first dimension (here: time) and the second variable the memebrs of 2nd dimension (here: account)?!

And in the script file that is called I have:

*FOR %ACCT% in %ACCLIST%
//do some allocation with %ACCT%
*NEXT

When I check the debug logic, looks as if "%ACCLIST%" (the list's name) is used as account and not a specific member...

Does sb know: How to read a list of members (selection) into variable in the package and how to use this list in the related script logic file correctly?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, can't find it any more.

Here is what I did to make it work:

Define package and in it, use prompt(...) command to make it possible to select members.

So basically user does the selection when the package is run...

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered with other thread and experimenting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please provide the link to the thread which answered your query.

Thanks,

Prasanth.