cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Override a Dimension with a Dynamic Input Template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to create an input template that has Entities and Reporting Currency down the rows and Time across the columns. The user of this input template will be sending data to multple entities at one time. The issue I am running into we have multiple reporting currencies set up in BPC, but we only want to send data to the entities home currencies. I have made the report work by pointing the EPMOLAP formula to a member property within the Entity dimension but I lose the dynamic selection. I have also tried using the EPMDimensionOverride formula but it doesn't seem to work either.

I appreciate your assistance.

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

If I understand the problem correctly you want the selected Entities from the context, and want to submit the value against the Reporting Currency of that Entity.

Have you tried when you edit your report, to set your ENTITY to context, and link the Reporting Currency dimension to the Entity dimension with the property option in the edit report?

This will allow the property to be a member (It will require that the property is exactly the same as the member you are trying to submit to)

Regards

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

I am not actually selecting the entity in the context. Below are screen shots of what I have so far;

I hope this helps.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

If you change the member in your 3rd screen not to be LC but link the currency to your Entity dimension, because the Reporting currency is a property on the Entity dimension.

In other words, keep your RPTCURRENCY member selection should be as below.

Hope this helps.

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Henry,

This is exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

This is the ideal situation when Users want to submit data in the home currency of entities.

Just Select "LC" to submit data in Local/home currencies of the entities.

+

Use EPMMemberProperty (EVPRO FOR OLDER VERSIONS) to display What LC means for that particular Entity.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Asad Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asad,

I have tried to use member properties to override the LC but the dynamic selelction for entity is deleted. Also, when enities are added or deleted, the rows in the report blow out and formatting is lost.

Thanks,

Chris 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand

See again

On your Row Axis you have 2 dimensions

1. Entity

2. Rptcurrency

For entity its going to stay dynamic

For Rptcurrency chose only one member which is "LC"

in third column use EPMMemberProperty  function with IF function

which should be something like     

=IF(Column A="","", EPMMemberProperty("APPLICATION,"REF","PROPERTYNAME")

Which means If column A is empty stay blank otherwise apply formula to retrieve members property.

To avoid Formatting problem use Autoformatting sheet.

Hope Helps,

Asad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asad,

I have done this but I still don't know how to override the LC in column B. I went through the steps above and the data is still sending to LC but our translation logic clears the amount becasue their is nothing in the TC.

Thanks,

Chris