cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimization Reminder

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Has anyone used the Optimization Reminder option to prompt when the Writeback table exceeds a specific value? On the Admin help, it mentions to specify a value against WBRECORDCNT in the Set Appset Parameters in BPC Admin. I did not find it in my Appset, So I added it and specified value to be 100. I ran a script to create more than 100 records. I opened a input schedule and I did not get any warnings. When I look at my appset statistics, I see my realtime storage to have more than 100 records? Has anyone used this functionality? Is this working?

Any input is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bpc4livin,

Since you are using BPC MS7.0 version. You can use Admin_Optimize data manager package and specify number of records limit and schedule the package with desired frequency. It will check whether limit reached and does optimization automatically.

Hope this helps!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if this functionality is implemented by doing a count(*) on the WB table?

-

Hi bpc4livin,

Since you are using BPC MS7.0 version. You can use Admin_Optimize data manager package and specify number of records limit and schedule the package with desired frequency. It will check whether limit reached and does optimization automatically.

Hope this helps!!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes Marvin is right and that's the reason asking your version of SAP BPC.

Any way that paramters is used especially for Lite Optimize it doesn't really make sense for other optimizations.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bpc4livin,

According to SAP Note 1178915, this is no longer used with versions 5.0 and beyond, this can no longer be used. But you can try to schedule an Optimization that will trigger if the real time storage exceeds the number of records you set.

Hope this helps,

Marvin

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

What version of SAP BPC are you using?

Are you doing this test into apshell or into your appset?

Is it the appset migrated from a previous SAP BPC version?

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorin,

I am on BPC 7.0 MS version. I am not doing it in my appshell. I am doing it on the appset I created which was initially a copy of Appshell. Any ideas?