cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data in report when using excel formula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am designing a report in which I have ‘Time’ in ‘ColKeyRange’ and ‘Account’, ‘Entity’ and ‘Category’ in ‘RowKeyRange’ .  For Category I have “Frct_1,Frct_2, Budget , Actual” members.  I am getting these members by referencing it to other cell using =R3(example) formula. 

Now the problem is when I use this formula i.e =R3,  the data is not populated, but if I  just hard code the first category member in row  i.e. ‘Frct_1’ all data is populated. I changed the format of the cell from text to general and vise versa, but nothing works.  I cannot hardcode  this member and I need to use =R3 formula.

Kindly advise on the solution. I am using 7.5 MS

Thanks,

Rahul 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

can you please share your evdre with all the expansion area and your formula?

Kind regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roverto,

Thanks for talking out time to look into  my question. Please dind enclosed three screenshot

1- evdre expansion

2- hardcode value-data visible

3-excel formula-no data

From the screenshot kindly let me know the solution to this porblem. A quick reply will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rahul

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

in the expansion area you have all NOEXPAND, why you don't eliminate the expansion and build simply a static DE?

The Colkeyrange are from N to AB and rowkeyrange from H to J but the expansion area you have shared begin on I13, isn't it?

Have you some links from the showed area and the real expansion area?

If so can you please show also the expansion area and some links from the visible area?

Kind regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for your guidance. Your idea of eliminating the expension worked.

Thanks again,

Rahul

Answers (0)