cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Member ID checks in Script Logic

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought I saw a note recently that the 7.5MS version of BPC added a new feature to check that the Member IDs being written to in a *REC statement would be validate so that you would avoid the problem of invalid member id's in the cube. However, when I read the release notes I see no mention of this. Has anyone else seen information on this issue and if so can you point me to it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anis, I saw the notes on the checks when you validate and save. I was wondering if you are dynamically creating the Member ID if it will valdate the Member ID during logic execution before it writes the record. For instance, if I am pushing data from Payroll to Finance and the Account Member I should write to is based on a property on the PayAccount Dimension my REC statement might look like this

*REC(Factor=1,Account=PayAccount.GLAccount)

The system cannot validate this when I validate the logic. If the property is not set up correctly it will try to write the data using the value in the property. In versions up to 7.5 it would simply write the record to the Fact table with the invalid Account Member ID. When you process the App you would then get an error noting that there were invalid member IDs in the cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can confirm 7.5 does check member ID's in the script logic (highlights in red invalid ID's)

It also checks DIMENSION names are correct as well.