cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data on the fly - How to guide - Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am trying to implement the solution for creating master data on the fly in a data manager package as proposed in the how to guide for BPC 7.5 (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/f08895ab-f152-2e10-7d8b-950a8e5eba0c). We are on 7.5 NW SP 09 and apparently the included solution is not working properly.

The installation as explained in the how-to-guide was successful and all the files could be transported into the system. Furthermore I created the package as indicated.

When trying to execute the package and adding a new member in the costcenter dimension (P_CC) the package status is successful. Nevertheless no new masterdata was created.

I observed that in UJFS a new file gets created for P_CC.xml with the new dimension-members but the corresponding xlt and xls files are missing. After processing the dimension in BPC Admin the old structure returns along with the xls and xlt files.

It seems as if the delivered BADi (ZUJ_IMP_DM_MDOF) is not working properly. Did anyone try implement the proposed the solution already and what was your experience? Did some of you already experience a similair issue?

Thank you and best regards

Felix

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, already tried the different modification options without result.

Furthermore the idea of that HTG is to modify the dimension directly from a data manager package without having to access the admin console.

Thanks & best regards

Felix

0 Kudos

Hi Felix,

Did you manage to get the Master Data on the Fly HTG working on your system?

We are on BPC7.5 SP10, and after implementing the HTG, I get the following error message after executing the data manager package: "Cannot find document/directory".

Cheers,

Carlton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felix / Carlton,

Master data on fly is mainly based on retrieving / updating XML file of the respective dimension.

SAP BPC 7.5 with SP greater than 08 will not support.

Kindly check the note 1696602..N

Hope this will be helpful.

KR

Gokul

0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thanks for your reply. We also came to the same conclusion. It's a shame that this HTG doesn't work anymore. Would be great if the author revised the code to make it work with SP08+.

Cheers,

Carlton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some additional information: apparently the package creates the new members in the xml file only. In UJFS the xlt and xls files don't get updated and keep the old structure but in the xml file the new members exist.

Any ideas are highly appreciated.

Regards

Felix

0 Kudos

Did you try refresh the DIMs in Admin Condole

I would try Process the DIM with/without "from membersheet option and before/after refreshing the memebrs