cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitations of BPC

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Are there guidelines for number of evgets that should be in a BPC template?

We are running BPC NW 7.5 SP15

I have a user with a template that contains 83 sheets , with 644 rows per sheet. In the template he attempts to retrieve financial data for the previous 11 months. To further complicate matters there are links to other spreadsheets in the template. The template is using EVGETS to retrieve data. When he executes "Expand all" the data may or may not be populated. If data is not returned he simply runs the "expand all" again. It may take multiple attempts before he gets data.

It takes 5-10 minutes to load the template into BPC - it takes another 5-10 minutes for the "expand all" function to run.

I believe the template is too complicated to function properly, but I need facts / guidelines to back up my suspicions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

there aren't technical limits for numbers of EVGETS, obviously with complicate Workbooks there are
performance issues.

You can try to split the workbook in several workbooks and see if possible to substitue all the EVGETS with few EVDRE to have better performances. In EVDRE you have also the "workbook option" "refresh by sheet" that will update the worksheet only if you click on the tab of the page, this will also reduce the time to laod the template and to refresh it.

Regards

Roberto

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

But why are you using EVGETS instead of EVDRE?

B.R. Vadim