cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journal entry disappear

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in NW SP05.

I have created the template in BPC Admin consile.then I switch to BPC Excel, I input some test data, but after I save journal, the

message indicate that " Journal successfully saved" and I can see that there is journal ID created for this, them, the data was disappear from the journal entry layout and if I tried to run the query from journal manager, the message indicate that" No journal found".

Any diea?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Faced a similar issue with Journal disappearing from screen after saving, in backend I could see the values being stored in jounal tables.

To resolve the issue try creating a Journal template without any Journal Group or sub groups.

ssandepogu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just did a quick test in our internal system which is on SP05, and Journals are working as expected. I saved journal successfully and also was able to retrieve it through Journal ID.

Once the journal is saved, generally you have to scroll up vertically on the right side and you would see the values still exist in the cells. Generally when you save journal , it scrolls down to bottom and you will feel like cells are empty and values disappeared.

But since you are also saying that you are not able retrieve it through id so their must be a problem. Can you all do a quick test in the Apshell and confirm it.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The client will not allow entries being posted in apshell, so I cannot tell you how journals would work in apshell.

I did try making a new copy of apshell, and still had the same problems. Essentially, this is what is happenning:

1. you enter all the appropriate values for the JE

2. you save the entry; system shows that a je number is assigned - system says entry is saved.

3. entry disappears so cannot post

4. queries produce no results

However, if you select 'REPORT ON JOURNALS', all the journals I have tried are visible.

Security, app parameters etc are fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

any answers yet?????

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tara,

Did your issue with Journal solve? if so could you please share how did you resolve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Similiar issue with SP7 on 7.0 NW ...

we are having the phenomena that our INTCO dimension entries are changing to the values in of the previous dimension (either header or column entry, example TIME entry 2010.JUL gets copied into INTCO field). This happens AFTER (or rather WHILE) saving a journal ... --- this happens, no matter where we place the INTCO dimension, in Header or in COL.

how come this happens when saving the journal??? --- any solutions?

ssandepogu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you confirm if this is happening in Apshell or pure copy of ApShell please? Just want to confirm if this is a regression bug or not.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you already found a solution for this? we are on the same SP05 and have the same problem ... Apperantly OSS note 1371175 - BPC 7.0 SP03 Patch 1 NW Central Note does not work ...

D

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on SP05 BPC 7.0 as well and facing the same problem... is there a solution at all?

Regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm running into the same problem!

ssandepogu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

We had seen the similar issue in SP03 and it was fixed in SP04. Could you give the following info:

1. Was it working before? or is this the first time you are using journals?

2. If possible test the same in Apshell copy and see if you are seeing the same behavior? If yes then I would suggest you to create an OSS message.

3. If its not happening in the Apshell then do reply so that we can try to look where the issue lies?

Thanks.