0 Kudos

Hi,

Ex: Period selected is 2013.02

2013.01  2013.02

Opening stock    1000      900       

Purchase            100        200       

Sale                    300       300

Sales Return        100      400

Closing               900       1300(=opening of 1st month+total purchase-total sale+total sale return, Which is perfect with closing stock value)

Closing stock = Opening stock+Purchase-Sale+Sale return.

Here Opening stock for YTD should be Opening stock of 1st month which is 1000, But it is taking the value of previous month closing stock.

Previously Account Type was Expense now changed to Asset.Still Problem as it is showing the above explanation.

In case of Expense Account type it was showing the value as sum of two months like 1900 as Opening stock.and sum of Closing Stock.

Now no problem with Closing stock as it is calculating the Closing stock with the Opening stock of 1st month but in case of Opening stock it is  Displaying the Value of previous month closing stock,which should display the value of 1st month Opening stock.

Tried with formula also, it is not accepting as it is saying that (YTD Storage type is different that Periodic).

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what dimension are you using for the opening stock and changes? Are those subtable dimension members or accounts?

Also, how do you fill the opening stock value? Do you use the standard business rule?

BR,
Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using Account Dimension.

Dummy Member is created as Opening stock and its Account type is "AST"

Opening stock for the starting period(ex:2007.01) is manual input in BPC background report and Closing Stock Account type is "AST" which is calculated with Opening stock of 1st period of every year, total of Issue stock and Receipt stock and Calculating properly and giving a correct result for Closing stock.

Problem is for Opening stock which is displaying Previous month closing stock for YTD but instead it should display the Value of 1st month of Every year.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you using a script to populate the opening stock by period? How do you get the values from one period to another?

BR,
Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By EPM Copy range.

I am already getting the total qty of Sales and Purchase.

Opening stock for 2007.01 will be manual input say 1000

Sale(Manually created Account dimension member - ACCTYPE=EXP) for 2007.01 = 100(Got the values from BW Cube - Issue stock)

Purchase(Manually created Account dimension member - ACCTYPE = EXP) for 2007.01 = 200(Got the values from BW Cube - Receipt stock)

Now closing stock for Periodic(2007.01) will be calculated as Opening stock+Purchase-Sales=Closing stock = 1000+200-100=1100.

And in periodic for next month Opening stock=closing stock of previous month.(EPM Copy range applied)

It will be automatically reflected in YTD.(No EPM Copy range applied)

Now for 2nd month I will get value in periodic for Opening stock =1100

Purchase say 200, Sales = 300 , Closing stock = 1100+200-300 = 1000

For YTD 2nd month- Opening stock = 1000+1100=2100, Purchase= 100+200=300, Sale=100+300=400

Closing stock = 1000coming properly as it is calculating the 1st month of opening+total purchase-total sale= 1000

But in case of Opening, it is showing total of Opening stock , instead it should show Opening of 1st month of 2007.

Problem is display of Opening stock.

Regards,

Mahaveer.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've never used the EPMCopyRange, so unfortunately I can't help you with this.

To display this kind of information (opening to closing) I would normally use a flow dimension and populate the opening flow with the standard carry forward business rule.

BR,
Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK . Thanks you.