cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import data from txt SAp BPC 10 MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently trying to load some date from a txt file but keep getting this error and I have no idea what this means. Im new on BPC

Total Step:          2

Convert Data:           Failed in 0 seconds

Import:           completed  in 0 sec

[Selection]

--------------------------------------------------------------

FILE = \consolidacion_demo\Consolidation\DataManager\DataFiles\BPCNW2013DECe.txt

TRANSFORMATION = \consolidacion_demo\Consolidation\DataManager\TransformationFiles\SYSTEM FILES\Import.xls

CLEARDATA = No

RUNLOGIC = No

CHECKLCK = No

[Message]

--------------------------------------------------------------

Convert Data

Error

Conversion result file is empty; either the source data file was empty or no records were saved during the conversion

Record Count : 9

Accept Count : 0

Unsaved Count : 9

Skip Count : 0

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member210696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelio,

It suggests that transformation file is not properly mapping the source data to the target. If you could please share the transformation file along with the data file, it would be easier to figure out the exact issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created the transformation file and the conversion file but keep getting the same error saying that the source file is empty

*OPTIONS
FORMAT = DELIMITED
HEADER = YES
DELIMITER =
SKIP = 0
SKIPIF =
VALIDATERECORDS=YES
CREDITPOSITIVE=YES
MAXREJECTCOUNT=
ROUNDAMOUNT=
*MAPPING
TIME=*COL(4,1:9)
*CONVERSION
TIME=TIME_CONSO.XLS

conversion file

EXTERNALINTERNAL
201312002013.JAN
201312002013.FEB
201312002013.MAR
201312002013.APR
201312002013.MAY
201312002013.JUN
201312002013.JUL
201312002013.AUG
201312002013.SEP
201312002013.OCT
201312002013.NOV
201312002013.DEC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelio,

In the mapping section, you have maintained the mapping only for the time dimension. Are you sure you dont need the mapping for the other dimensions?

Can you please share the structure of the source and the BPC application?

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelio,

as Nilanjan says is very strange that you try just to map only the time dim, the time should be TIME=*COL(4,1:8) and even the header has the same names of the dim try to map them.

Kind regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all thanks for you support on matter, I will try to explain a little bit what I want to do so I you can understand better my situation, first all I'm doing is a test environment so I can understand how this works and then move to real data.

I want to learn how to import data from any source in this case a .txt file and import it to BPC so I can use it. I'm on BPC 10 MS with SQL server 2008 R2,

the file I'm trying to import has this data

ACCOUNT,AUDITTRAIL,CATEGORY,SCOPES,RPTCURRENCY,ENTITY,FLOW,INTERCO,TIME,AMOUNT

111.1,INPUT,ACTUAL,S_NONE,LC,S000,Opening,TotalInterco,2013.DEC,1165000

I'm not putting all the data itself but so you can have an idea.

the destination database has the same dimensions Account, audit trail, category. pretty much is based on the planning dimension for BPC.

I'm using the standard import package but keeps saying that the source data file is empty or there is nothing to convert, it counts the headers.

also do you guys know if there any package that can take the transactional database and conver it to .txt file so I can use it on BPC?

for example on my database I have the table product, and I have a dimension called product, which package would help me taking that table from my sql database and  exporting to my dimension product on bpc. sorry to bother so much on this but the time is running and I need to understand this by next week 😞

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelio,

than time don't need to be converted: 2013.DEC is in the BPC format for TIME dim.

Try this

FORMAT = DELIMITED

HEADER = YES

DELIMITER = 

SKIP = 0

SKIPIF =

VALIDATERECORDS=YES

CREDITPOSITIVE=YES

MAXREJECTCOUNT=

ROUNDAMOUNT=

*MAPPING

ACCOUNT=ACCOUNT

AUDITTRAIL=AUDITTRAIL

CATEGORY=CATEGORY

etc

*CONVERSION

I use files without Header so I'm not sure if you must write the mapping even the name are the same, I think you can leave empty the *Mapping section but you must try with and without.

Another point, you must be sure that the related codes

111.1,INPUT,ACTUAL,S_NONE,LC,S000,Opening,TotalInterco exists in the related master data if the dims have other codes than you must create conversion files, please note that "external" is your input file and "internal" is the BPC dim member.

"I'm using the standard import package" this is right.

"also do you guys know if there any package that can take the transactional database and conver it to .txt file so I can use it on BPC?" If you don't see this package you can find it in the APShell

\\<your application server>\osoft\Webfolders\ApShell\PLANNING\DataManager\PackageFiles\System Files\Export from Fact Table.dtsx even in the

\\<your application server>\osoft\Webfolders\ApShell\PLANNING\DataManager\PackageFiles\Examples you will found other useful packages.

Copy these files in your equivalent folder and from "BPC Other\Organize package list click on "add package" button etc.

"for example on my database I have the table product, and I have a dimension called product, which package would help me taking that table from my sql database and  exporting to my dimension product on bpc. sorry to bother so much on this but the time is running and I need to understand this by next week "

This isn't transactional data but master data, to export this, open SQL server management studio go to your db server, open your db, tables, open your mbr<dim> (f.e. mbrProduct) run the query without filter, select all the data (click on top-left grey cell, right click, "copy with header" and paste on a new excel sheet.

Kind regards

Roberto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member229290
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelio,

Please have a look at KBAs: 1123708 and 1547127, they may help you.

Best Regards,

Noura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelio,

Are you using the standard import DM package?

Do you have any transformation or conversion file?