cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install FIM 7.5 on BPC MS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I need to install FIM 7.5 on top of a BPC 7.5 SP6 environment, to pull data from other non-SAP systems.

No NW environment exists in the site.

Has anyone done this and how easy/hard was it?

I have the standard FIM installation guide, but there are 3 sets of options for everything, so I need to know the following:

Which download of FIM do I need from the SWDC? (Is it the FPM version)?

Are there any other components that I need on there first (after BPC is fully configured)?

What order do I need to install which components?

Does anyone have a different/easier to follow set of instructions for doing this task?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There

You don't make mention of your environment, multi-server environment, etc.

It is possible to install FIM on the same server as BPC, but you will need to keep the following in mind:

You will need to install Data Services

You will need to install BOE(BusinessObjects Enterprise) or UMS (User Management System) for the CMS user management.

You can use the SQL Server which BPC uses for your Data Services repo database.

You will need to install a Java Application Server, typically Apache Tomcat. You will need to ensure that there is no port conflicts with IIS, by default Tomcat installs to port 8080

The reason, why installing FIM on the same server as the BPC server is not optimal, is due to the following factors:

You will have resource contention, for example, when run any FIM jobs, it will impact the performance of BPC, as you will be sharing the same server resources. Data Services and BOE can be memory intensive, thus it will reduce the amount of memory that BPC will have available.

You will need to take all of these factors into consideration, if you are installing to a production environment.

In order to download BO DS (BusinessObjects Data Services), it is located under

service.sap.com/swdc

Installations and Upgrades-> SAP BusinessObjects portfolio" SBOP DATA SERVICES / SBOP DATA INSIGHT" SBOP DATA SERVICES

In order to download BO UMS (BusinessObjects User Management System), it is located under

service.sap.com/swdc

Installations and Upgrades-> SAP BusinessObjects portfolio" SBOP FINANCIAL CONSOLIDATION" BOBJ FINANCIAL CONS. 7.5

It is the Ad-On component listed

In order to download BO FIM (BusinessObjects Financial information Management), it is located under

service.sap.com/swdc

Installations and Upgrades-> SAP BusinessObjects portfolio" SBOP FINANCIAL INFORM. MGMT

I hope this helps you

Kind Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the quick reply

The environment is a multi-server (single Web/App + Separate SQL/OLAP server)

There is no existing NW/ECC, etc., so I need a solution that allows me to install without installing extra servers.

Looking in to it, am I best to go down the UMS route?

Am I correct in thinking that this has the least overhead for the servers?

Lastly, do you have access to any other installation material that makes any more sense than the standard SAP guide?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

From the information provided, FIM and Data Services should be able to provide the functionality you require.

It would be easier to install just the UMS as it wont install all of the other stuff that comes with BOE, i.e. WEBI, InfoView, etc

If the requirements is to have reporting and scheduling, etc , then it would make sense to install BOE as then you simply make use of the functionality.

In terms of the installation, it would make sense to make use of the existing SQL Server, and not install MySQL (although the foot print is light for MySQL, it makes sense to keep all the databases on the SQL server, so that it becomes only a single place to backup the databases, as opposed to the SQL server and then the MySQL server)

Your environment could then be :

BPC App Server

BPC Application components (File, Web, Scheduling server, etc)

BOE UMS - (CMS User Authentication)

BOE DS - (Data Services)

BOE FIM

Apache Tomcat

SQL Database Server

BPC AppSet Databases

BOE DS Repo Database

BOE UMS Database

Sorry, i am not aware of any installation documentation on how to install FIM on a BPC environment, apart form the individual installation guides.

Please be aware and keep in mind when installing the different components (Tomcat, etc) that there is no port conflicts

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Daniel