cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to freeze data from being refreshed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In BPC 7.5 if we didn't want a specific report to refresh when we are trying to refresh the rest of the reports in the workbook we would put a ' in front of the =Evdre formula and then the report would be locked. In EPM I have tried using the "Freeze Data Refresh" in the report options but that causes the report to clear all the data and blows away the report. Is there any way to lock a report from refreshing in EPM? Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derek,

Divide up the report and only refresh selected report.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

I could have a report with many different worksheets each with their own report and I want to refresh most of the worksheets but there is one report that I want to stay static and refreshing each worksheet/report by itself would take a lot longer than just refreshing the entire workbook. While your suggestion would solve my issue it's just not a very efficient way to solve my issue and BPC 7.5 had a very easy way to solve this issue by just putting the ' in front of the EVDRE so I was hoping there would be a way to do that in EPM.

Derek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derek,

You only need 2 worksheets, the one is your final report and other one is the one report you don't want it to be refreshed.

reference the static report from the hidden worksheet.

Andy

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What about offline mode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Offline mode would make the whole workbook non refresh-able. I want to just lock one report from refreshing, sometimes I might have 2 reports on the same worksheet and would only want to lock one of the reports. Has anyone had any luck with freeze data refresh? Could it be that I have some other setting wrong that makes the report blow up after setting the freeze data refresh?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, now it's clear (about offline mode). But what's wrong with report option freeze data refresh? What epm sp are you using? Can you test it on some very simple report?