cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display the hierarchy structure for the infoobjects under embedded BPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

One thing I notice for embedded BPC is that all the infoobjects start with /ERP/ did not show the hierarchy structure for those infoonjects. anybody know how to display the hierarchy structure for those infoobjects?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a BPC user, they do not have access to query designer,  they should be able to view the structure/hierarchy of any dimensions, this can be done easily in the standard BPC, while in embedded BPC, user cannot view them in BPC or BW, I hope SAP can have a better way for this instead of user query designer.

gregor_dieckmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jian,

interesting that you consider as a gap that virtual hierarchies from the Business Suite cannot be displayed in BPC Embedded in the AdminClient where BPC Standard does not have any support for virtual hierarchies and can only display/maintain hierachies that are owned by BPC Standard.

As I explaind the administrator of the planning model can easily create a query where you able so display any of the virtual hierarchies.

But I agree that is would be good to be able to display virtual hierarchies also in BPC Admin Client.

Regards,

Gregor

gregor_dieckmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jian,

as the namspace /ERP/ indicates the characteristics /ERP/GL_ACCT 'belongs' to the Business Suite. BW has a feature to expose master data and hierarchies that do not come from BW; these characteristics have their own master data read class and maybe even their own remote hierarchy class (check transaction RSD1). These master data and hierarchies can be used in BW out of the box e.g. in BW queries.

So the above hierarchies do not belong to be BW but have to be maintained in the Suite, so these hierarchies anyway would be display only in RSD1. But it seems that such a display feature is not implemented there.

I am not sure whether this is implemented in BPC AdminClient. You can create a model that contains one real-time InfoCube containing /ERP/GL_ACCT and check whether the remote hierarchies are displayed in the 'hierarchy' maintenance.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

We cannot display the hierarchy structure for those master data in BPC's web administrator now, that's why I am trying to find out if we can display the hierarchy structure in BW. I cannot find the hierarchy structure for those master data under RSD1 or RSA1.

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you create a Hierarchy type Variable for that InfoObject  as well as Characteristic type variable for same InfoObject and include both of them in the Query you should be able to see hierarchy structure in drop-down.

gregor_dieckmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jian,

another work around:

1 use an InfoProvider that contains characteristic /ERP/GL_ACCT and create a query based on this InfoProvider

2 put /ERP/GL_ACCT in the rows, set 'access mode for result values' to 'master data'; put one key figure in the columns; specify a single value for 0MANDT in the filter

Run the query, e.g. in RSRT or in AO. There you then can see all hierarchies and you may then apply the hierarchy as dynamic filter. Because of 2 you then see the full hierarchy structure.

Regards,

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jian,

You need to create a hierarchy before it will appear on your list.

It will show the hierarchy once there is one to display.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BW master master start with /ERP/ is generated in ECC, we do not need to created in BPC/BW, the BW is integrated with ECC for both master data and transaction data in S/4 HANA, therefore we do not need to create the hierarchy structure in BW, I would assume that we should be able to view the hierarchy structure for those master data in BW.