cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Shapes/Objects in the Background of EPM

0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I just recently found out that there are several hidden objects in the background of EPM Reports.

I just realized this because it was problematic, when I started to insert a lot of rows through VBA in a constant process as I received the runtime error 1004. It was saying something like "not possible to push the object beyond the sheet". I solved this issue by making these objects independent from cell position etc.. But I am still wondering - what is the reason for these objects ? Why are they automatically created, what do they do (why is there even an graphical element?? I couldn't find any documentation on this?!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Greetz

Max

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please explain how you make it visible?

Vadim

0 Kudos

Hey Vadim!

You have to Press F5 when you have your Report open --> then a window opens "Go To". Then you click the button "Special", then select objects and click the "oK" button. Then automatically the objects will be selected you can see the menu "Drawing Tools" and there click on "Selection Pane" (sorry my screenshot is from a german Excel Installation..).

Then you will find multiple objects from EPM (all flaged invisible, look at the screenshot from my first post) and I don't know what they do.

Best regards

max

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I managed to see the list of objects... Coming from EPM client and embedded into Excel file to store EPM related information. If you want to understand better - just debug EPM libraries (dll's) using free ILSpy

Vadim