cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL Account sequence display in EPM Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a question regarding the Sequence display of GL accounts in SAP BPC 10.0 Reports.

For e.g. I have a parent node P&L and beneath that i have 10 gl accounts assigned to the hierarchy in the sequense as stated below.

The client should see as

When i open the report and drilldown on P&L node, i see the same sequence as in the hierarchy. Without changing the sequence in the Hierarchy, is there any other way to display as per ascending order in the report like any other sap modules like SAP BCS or SAP BI, where it shows as per the ascending order even though the hierarchy contains different sequence.

Please let me know if there is an option in the reports itself.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

In the member selector dialog play with Member Sorting and Grouping.

B.R. Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for the reply, We tried that option as well before but that didnt help actually. For e.g. I have 3 to 4 nodes and for each node, i have 10 GL accounts assigned to each node. When i try sorting option, it is sorting out on node level but not the members in each node.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ram

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is sorting by member names with hierarchy break.

You can create additional property to store some incremental sort order and fill it the way you want to sort lines on the report. Then use this property in Group by Property.

But what is the reason for not changing order in the hierarchy?

Another option is to simply create static report with any order of rows...

B.R. Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vadim,

Thanks for your reply again.

1. Can you please elaborate on the first option with an example how to store the incremental sort order?

2. Currently, it is not possible to change the hierarchy because, we have 10 hierarchies for the Account dimension and with too many nodes for each dimension and many members not in the sequence.

3. In the third option, suppose if new GL accounts are added to the Hierarchy, then how would the static report be able to show the values on new GL's in the static report?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ram

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

The best solution is to rearrange the order of members in dimension. If it's not possible (example - for one hierarchy you need order 1234, for another 1324), then:

1. You create some property like SORD1 and for each member including parents you assign something like 0001, 0002,... Then, with the help of "Group by Property" you will get a report sorted by this property. Unfortunately it's not easy to maintain.

2. Try to agree on some common order if possible.

3. Static means static - you have to manually add new accounts to the static report using member recognition option.

B.R. Vadim

P.S. No other options as far as I know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks a lot for your valuable points, will try to agree upon the second option, but like other SAP modules, no matter where the member is located in the hierarchy, in the Report, it should be shown in a sequence.

Regards,

Ram

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Let me disagree with the idea to show members sorted by ID. ID's are coming from ERP, but in most of our reports we need slightly different order. We achieve this by editing the sequence of members in BPC dimension.

Vadim