cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formula in Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i´m trying to copy only the Interco amount of an account to another account, is this possible? i´ve tried some iif but it is always copy the full amount (interco and non interco).

best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess Is possible with Dimension Member Formula.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this is possible, assuming you have two dimensions Account and Intco, and the interco amounts are stored in member Intco=I_Something, and the non-interco amounts are stored in Non_Interco.

For example, if you want to add up the interco data in accounts A100, A200 and A300, and post them to Non_Interco, account B500, you could use this:

*Xdim_memberset account = A100,A200,A300
*xdim_memberset intco = I_Something

// the following really depends on how you want to treat the other dimensions
// think through each one.
*xdim_memberset {other dimension 1} = <ALL> 
*xdim_memberset {other dimension 2} = <ALL> 

*when *
*is *
*rec(Account=B500,Intco=Non_Interco)
*endwhen

Note that the above works for BPC on MS. If you're using BPC NW, the syntax may differ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are also some business rules that can do this for you. Is this a consolidation-type application? What BPC version are you running?

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is a specific interco you want, then it is probably easiest to use a "Copy" Data Manager package specifying the source Account and InterCo.

You could also do this in script logic, as the previous commenter mentioned. This will give you more flexibility around selection on the InterCo value. You could use either WHEN/REC statements, or a RUNALLOCATION statement (though the allocation might be overkill).

Depending on the reason you are doing this, there might be other considerations. For example, if you are doing this as part of a consolidation process and your company already has a method of doing these types of allocations/reclasses in the consolidation process, then you would want to follow whatever the general method is, even if this case is much simpler.

Thanks,

Ethan

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes it is possible using dimension formula but also you can use script logic to do this.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu