cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVDRE Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We've upgraded to v7 sp4 and added the 2 latest patches...we're now getting an evdre error when we try and use most of the hierarchies in the dimensions for a retreive.

I've added an EVDATASERVER_DEBUG file into the appropriate area and got this error

<debug time="2009 0821 11:39:53" module="clsDataQuery" function="getMDXQueries"><![CDATA[Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at DataService.OSoft.Services.Webservice.SharedQueryEngine.clsDataQuery.get_getMDXQueries()]]></debug>

<debug time="2009 0821 11:39:53" module="clsDataQuery" function="runQuery"><![CDATA[Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at DataService.OSoft.Services.Webservice.SharedQueryEngine.clsDataQuery.runQuery(String& sQuery, Hashtable& dctPos, String& sPageDims, String& sPageMbrs, Boolean& bIsMDX, Int16& iQryNumber, String& sRetMsg)]]></debug>

<debug time="2009 0821 11:39:53" module="clsDataQuery" function="GetData"><![CDATA[Complete.]]></debug>

<debug time="2009 0821 11:39:53" module="clsXML" function="doQuery"><![CDATA[Error: <error>doAxisQuery: error running query, check server log for additional information</error>]]></debug>

<debug time="2009 0821 11:39:53" module="clsXML" function="QueryDotNet"><![CDATA[Completed.]]></debug>

<debug time="2009 0821 11:39:53" module="clsXML" function="getAppSetMetaData"><![CDATA[m_oAppSetMeta Is Nothing: True]]></debug>

<debug time="2009 0821 11:39:53" module="clsXML" function="MyDispose"><![CDATA[calling Class_Terminate_Renamed]]></debug>

<debug time="2009 0821 11:39:53" module="clsUtil" function="Class_Terminate"><![CDATA[#######################]]></debug>

<debug time="2009 0821 11:39:53" module="clsSUAccess" function="disconnectOLAP"><![CDATA[Disconnecting Olap...]]></debug>

<debug time="2009 0821 11:39:53" module="clsSUAccess" function="disconnectOLAP"><![CDATA[Connection is nothing]]></debug>

<debug time="2009 0821 11:39:53" module="clsSUAccess" function="disconnectOLAP"><![CDATA[Done.]]></debug>

PLLLLEEEEASE HELP!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having the same error on my enviroment, did you find the root cause of it and any solution?

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 1st thing AFTER ANY application of a patch or movement of an APPSET is to RE_MODIFY the applications in your Appset. If you have already done this, then test if you can actually build a new evdre and pull data. If yes, then we will have a basis.

Please let us know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes I should have said, I've re-modified with all options and optimised a few times now, still no joy.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i try to generate a report and each time it give EVDRE error."Evdre encountered an error retrieving data from the Web Server. Retrying i seconds"

Can anyone suggest what could be the reason ?

thanks

nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you have mutliple hierarchies in any of your dimensions? We had the same problem and it was badly formed mdx.

We had on our book dimensions something like [book].[ac1000] + [book].[ac2000] when it should have been [book].[H1].[ac1000] + [book].[H1].[ac2000] or for the second hierarchy [book].[H2].[ac1000] + [book].[H2].[ac2000]

Then process, modify app, optimise etc as usual

Hope it helps