cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVDRE and BEx authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When I try to create evdre it gives me following error "Unable to retrieve data from the application server". So we set a trace on my user ID on BI side.

The trace had an error of BEx authorization error(RSZCOMPID ). How is EVDRE related to BEx authrization.

Once the authorization was given to my ID it started to work fine.

Please help me understand the reason behind it.

Thanks,

Diksha.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diksha,

While giving access to authorization in BPC environment , the BI authorization '0BI_ALL' is granted to the user which is the reason and BEX authorization is inclusive of it. This is something SAP needs to change as per the design.

However they are enhancing security in the upcoming notes. BPC 7.5 SP08 has better secuirty handling which will not allow other users to view data related to other region.Also BPC 10 has come up with better security where in user should be Netweaver user /BW user to access BPC. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for your answer.

I wanted to know if when we create EVDRE on BPC does it run the system generated query on BI side to pull the data. If yes, then it make sense that it requires BEx authorization.

Please share your thoughts on it.

Thanks,

Diksha,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diskha,

Definitely when you are running an EVDRE BPC it makes acall to the backend and pulls data from the backend system which is BW. You can try running an evdre which runs say for 2-3 mins to pull the data and you can log into SM51 tcode in BW to see

the status or what exactly the system is performing at the back end for your user id/BPCADMIN id depending on the task you are performing.

You can also see the calls in SM51 when you run any package in BPC using data manager in BPC.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Assign role SAP_BPC_ADMIN to BPCADMIN ID in BW. This role includes all required authorization objects including 0BI_ALL .

Hope it helps...

regards,

Raju