cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while processing a dimension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While processing my Time dimension, am gettin the error ""Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

and "Exception of type System.exception is thrown" .

Kindly let me know if anyone has any suggestions/solution

Thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it happening only with the time dimension or with all?

Please make sure that the ISBEGINNING property has been added and been maintained properly.

If the problem is with all the dimensions, then install the u201CMicrosoft SQL Server 2005 Backward Compatibility Componentsu201D from the below link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=50B97994-8453-4998-8226-FA42EC403D17&displa...

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nilanjan,

Unfortunately its happening only for Time dimension and yes i have maintained the property still am getting the error

Any other option

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it the standard dimension or did you make any changes?

Can you try to create a new time dimension and process it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm getting this too, except it's happening for about half of the dimensions in ApShell. It's a brand new install.

BPC7.5 for MS (SP5)

Windows Server 2008R2 64-bit

SQL 2008R2

Office 2007 SP2

I'm trying the initial 'Process Dimension' step for the ApShell application set.

Some of the dimensions (C_ACCT, C_Category, C_DataSrc, Entity) process fine, but others (Category, P_Activity, P_ACCT) fail with the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

The full error from the log is:

{System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Osoft.Services.Platform.YukonAdmin.Olap9Manager.AddTableToAppDef(Collection colCube, DataSourceView& oDefView, String strDimName, String strDimType, DataTable oTable, String strCommand, Int32 intMaxHier, String& strMsg, Boolean bOnlySharedDim)}

Any ideas?

I'm new to BPC, can someone tell me if it's right that I only see these dimensions in the cube?

Groups

IntCo

C_Category

C_DataSrc

Entity

C_ACCT

O_ACCT

FLOW

Or should I be seeing all the dimensions I see in the admin console?

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK fixed. Something must have gone wrong during the install (bad permissions maybe) and not all the dimensions were created in the Analysis Services database. I did a backup/restore of AppShell from the Server Manager and the AS database was created properly, now everything is fine.

Thanks for listening!