cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error running default logic

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have some input schedules of an application and sometimes, when I send data to the application, I get this:

- Error Message -
Error running default logic ()

- Rejected record list -

Error converting records: The root element is missing.

Thanks for your time, regards,

Javier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

I love this error! Well, actually, I hate it because I have never been able to determine exactly what the cause is, but my best theory is that something went wrong when processing a dimension and one or more of the hierarchies were not properly updated.

What I usually recommend is that all dimensions in the application be processed from the membersheet (requires opening up the membersheet and processing from there).

I'm not going to promise that this will work since I don't fully understand the cause, but doing this has usually solved the problem.

Ethan

0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

Thanks a lot for your explanation, but I have process all the dimension from the membersheet and the result has been the same. Curiosly, data is stored.

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You get this message every time you save data in the application, but despite the error your data was saved? That is very curious indeed. I don't think I have ever seen that happen. I'm sorry that my suggestion didn't help, but it's starting to sound like this is different from things I have seen.

Out of curiosity, what version of the software are you using (7.0 or 7.5, and what Support Package level)?

Ethan

0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

I started using 7.0 and during the project, we have upgraded to 7.50.03 (I don't now if "03" means SP3).

Regards,

Javi

esjewett
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

Ok, that is a pretty recent version (I think the current newest support pack available is SP04 and you are on SP03). You could upgrade to SP04, but it doesn't have any fixes that appear to address this issue, so you should probably open a support ticket with SAP.

Ethan

0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

I have upgraded to SP4 but the problem continues. I will send an OSS message.

Thanks, and best regards.

Javi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

This problem seems to be a corrupted structure of some object pertaining to that application. I would request you to create another application (a fresh application) and see if you can post the data into that. If this works fine, then you can use the new application for your purpose and delete the older application.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Finally I have opened an OSS message and they answered me.

The solution has been:

Open default.lgf from Admin console and just validate and save it, even though it is blank.

Solved problem.

Thanks a lot everyone.

Javi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the error basically means the default logic could not be executed. This can be because of any reaons:

- workstatus is not open

- an error message is thrown in the default logic (via ABAP)

- members cannot be written to ...

To find out what the problem is, just create a seperate BPC package with this script and run it. Then you will have a better log in the BPC package itself ...

SAP should make it possible to have these detailed messages displayed when running the default logic as well...

D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem has been solved.

Thanx for your advice..

Best Regards

Edited by: BHDRKOCA on Dec 1, 2010 4:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone seen this problem for the Default logic error saying "Root element is missing" when Default logic has a bunch of files included in it? I am able to validate and save the default logic without problems but thinking that one if the files i've included is not running properly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Javi,

I have had the same error once and it got resolved by going to BW - transaction UJFS and deleting the XML file for every dimension used in the application.

Hope this helps

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

I found my way to solve this problem, just for your references.

Situation:

I am the administrator of BPC, so I have the most roles for every app. However, I got no problem of running the input schedules. However, one day, a user complaints that she got the error message of u201CError running default logic ()u201D but when I reproduce what sheu2019s done. I got no error at all.

(same app, same input schedule)

Problems define:

1. check default.lgf

2. log in with useru2019s account to reproduce the error.

3. if useru2019s account has the same error in the exactly same app, same input schedule. Please check user's member access profiles in the u201Csecurityu201D of the admin consol

eg.

Member access proflies

Purchase_rw authorize users to access, read, and write Sales_Data

Dep_Mgr_rw authorize users to access, read, and write HR

Finance_rw authorize users to access, read, and write IS_Plan

However, my user got the error message of u201CError running default logic ()u201D while working on IS_Plan.

Therefore, when I check her member access proflies, i found out that she doesn't have the Finance_rw.

after adding the Finance_rw to her account, she got no error! so the problem Solved!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javi

I also got this strange error in my input schedule, the input schedule had nothing to do with default logic. It even didn't

go away after I processed all dimensions.

I found one post from Nilanjan where he mentioned to 'Validate and Save' all script logics incouding default one. That worked great for me - the problem had gone. Thanks Nilanjan!

So in a nutshell: "Process" all dimensions and "Validate and Save" all Script Logics.

Dipankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipankar,

Great to know that your problem was resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Admin open 'DEFAULT.LGF', click 'Validate and Save' even if it is empty default logic. Looks like after upgrade system reset

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

Do you have anything in your default logic?

0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

Default.LGF is empty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

As you said that this error comes only sometimes. Have you seen any significant difference between the members to which the data is sent successfully and the members in which you get the error?

0 Kudos

Hi,

really this error comes always in this application. I have said "sometimes" because I work with another app and, in this one, I don't get any errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

Can you please process your application once?

0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

If you are talking about "Optimize Application", I have done it. But the problem continues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

I was basically talking about processing the application. Select your application and without making any changes, just modify it. This will process your application.

One more thing is that please check whether your cube is in the planning mode or not.

0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

I have just process the application, I have checked that the cube is in the planning mode. But the problem continues.