cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPMOlapMember questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the EPMOlapMember function has 5 arguments, UniqueName1, UniqueName2, toDisplay, toDisplayPart2, reportListOrErrorMessage. When I create a new report the system uses UniqueName1, toDisplay and reportListOrErrorMessage.

My question is, what are the other two arguments for? Thinking about it, a second question would be, which of these can I replace with hardcoded values?

Thanks,

Arnold

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

Enable member recognition and instead of member ID insert the link to the cell with member ID. Look on the EPMOlapMemberO formula generated and compare it with standard EPMOlapMemberO formula (without hardcoded member).

B.R. Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some interesting finding, please compare the following formulas (";" - delimiter for Russian regional settings in Excel):

1. Member ID was inserted in the row axis as text (same as automatically expanded):

= EPMOlapMemberO("[INACCT].[PARENTH1].[NC020]";"";"NC020 - NON CASH SALES TOTAL";"";"000")

2. Member ID was inserted in the row axis as a link to cell with actual member ID ($C$224):

= EPMOlapMemberO($C$224;"[INACCT].[PARENTH1].[NC020]";"NC020 - NON CASH SALES TOTAL";"";"000")

Working fine!

3. Instead of link to $C$224 I put the fixed name "NC020", but it will not accept simply the name, some formula have to be in this parameter. I used "NC020"&"" (add nothing):

= EPMOlapMemberO("NC020"&"";"[INACCT].[PARENTH1].[NC020]";"NC020 - NON CASH SALES TOTAL";"";"000")

Working fine!

B.R. Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

thanks for that, though on testing the third item my system seems to work differently. Here's what I did:

create a new report by activating member recongnition and typing an account ID and a period ID which resultet in a number returned from the database

the EPMOlapMember formular for the account was EPMOlapMemberO("[ACCOUNT].[PARENTH2].[PL5999]";"";"PL5999 - NET INCOME  / NET LOSS (+)";"";"000")

manually type in an account ID into the existing formula EPMOlapMemberO(DUMMY;"";"PL5999 - NET INCOME  / NET LOSS (+)";"";"000") -> this returned an error

manually type in an account ID into the exsiting formula but use " around the ID EPMOlapMemberO("DUMMY";"";"PL5999 - NET INCOME  / NET LOSS (+)";"";"000") -> this worked fine and the formula (after a refresh) looked like this EPMOlapMemberO("[ACCOUNT].[PARENTH1].[DUMMY]";"";"DUMMY - Dummy account - do NOT delete";"";"000")

BR,

Arnold

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

Please, play with inserting the link - you will see the difference!

Vadim

Answers (0)