cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entering Actual Data via E & A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all ,

We are building a scorecard which has a " Customer Satisfaction " perspective. The data for the KPIs under this area typically have yearly data and would be loaded only by the user. The user wants a input screen to enter the data. The data is very confidential and is not supposed to be loaded into the BW system / Flat file.

Is there a way to configure the UI to accept Actuals ? We have created the PAS model by using BICA tool. In the E & A set defaults link , only the target measures for the KPIs created are seen. How can the actuals be brought in ? The client would not be using Excel Addin. Preferably, the user would like to use the UI to enter the actuals. We are running SSM 7.5 SP 04.

Thanks and Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

There is no reason not to use E&A to enter ACTUAL data. In fact, the whole workflow process is mainly for the entry of ACTUAL data, since TARGET data is usually defined for a full year and is all uploaded using the Future Target option where you enter all values in Excel.

The reason why there is no ACTUAL measures available in E&A is surely because none were created in the PAS model. If you are using the BICA you can create there new ACTUAL as well as new TARGET measures for the KPIs you are defining. You can also define the dimensionality and TIME and DIMENSION consolidation for those new measures, so using the BICA is one of the easiest ways to create them.

Best regards,

Ricardo Vieira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ricardo ,

Thanks for your answer. I was able to enter the Actuals through Entry and Approval.

I have a few KPIs in my model. Some are monthly and some are yearly KPIs. I created 2 metric sets . One which has the monthly KPIs and the second which has the yearly KPIs. After loading data for the first month , the metric sets are released for entry. But , even the metric set which has the yearly KPIs is also released. This metric set is not supposed to be released to the user for entering the data. If the user is not completing this metric set , we are unable to change the current time period to the next month. How can we address this issue ?

Thanks

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

If you don't want all metrics to be released, you should avoid using the option "Release All". You can release each metric set individually instead, just click on the option "Release Now" next to the metric sets you want to release.

In your case, you can also edit the released metric sets and choose the option "Reset". This way you can set it back to the status "Not Released". This will allow you then to change planning periods.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Ricardo Vieira