cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Hierarchy Editor - greyed-out

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I was given a new PC running BPC 7.5 patch 6 and Windows 7 and Office 2010. When I go into the BPC client and select Entity from the Action Pane The Dynamic Hierarchy Editor is not available. It is greyed-out.

If I go back to my old PC running BPC 7.5 patch 6 and Windows XP and Office 2007 and log into the BPC client and select Entity from the Action Pane DHE is available.

I assume something in Excel controls the ability to use DHE - anybody know what that might be?

I've tried this stuff so far...

Verify that Active-X controls are enabled on the machine having this problem

Excel ->Button in upper left corner >Excel Options>Trust Center-->Active X

-- prompt before enabling

-- safe mode

Excel ->Button in upper left corner >Excel Options>Trust Center-->Macro Settings

-- Trust acess to VBA model

Internet Explorer --> Tools --> Internet options --> Security --> Internet --> Custom Level --> ActiveX Controls and Plug-ins <<==>> ACTIVATE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member84834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I do not access the application via the Web. I have the BPC 7.5 patch 6 client on the workstations. The same version of this application is loaded on both the machine that works and the new one that does not. I tried the things that were suggested, but they did not resolve the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case it can be due to one of the reasons below:

1. Make the following changes to the Internet options :

IE - Tools - Internet Options - Security - Local Intranet - Custom Level - Scroll all the way down to the User Authentication - Logon - Click the radio button "Prompt for user name and password" - Yes - Ok - Reboot the system and try .

2. Also make sure the url in the landing page is directing to the correct server in case if you have multiple servers.

3. Make sure that Yahoo pop up blocker or Google pop blocker is disabled.

4. Check the security settings of the user and if possible process the security once again.

Thank you.