cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dialog program

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

When i am trying to create a dialog program, it is asking for top include name and it is displaying *****TOP but when click on enter it is saying "Do not use special characters" and when i click cancel it is canceling the creation of dialog program .

Please advise what to do .

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vinod,

When i gave the name as ZPROG1 and click on create then it is prompting for one dialog box as program and giving ZPROG1 in the text box and after i click enter on this box, it is giving me another pop-up as top include and inside that text box it is giving *****TOP.when i enter on this popup box i am getting the error " Do not use special characters" and once i change the top include name as MZPROG1TOP then it is creating a program.but when i go to screen painter and create a screen i should enter sapmzprog1 but when i enter this and tried to create screen it is saying program does not exist .but when i type in ZPROG1 and tried to create it is creating.

Please let me know how to get the program name as SAPMZPROG1.

Thanks in advance.

krzysztof_konitz4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you mixed up two concepts: programs and function groups. Both of them you can create using for example transaction SE80.

When you create program with top include you should replace "*****" with your prefix as I suggested you before. So for example your program could be ZPROG1 and your top include ZPROG1TOP (see that both of them are in customer name space).

When you create function group system will create main program as SAPMZPROG1 (not in customer name space because content of this program is managed automatically by SAP).

Krzys

Vinod_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Follow this steps to create a module pool program.

Take the transaction SE80

Select 'Program' from the dropdown list and give 'SAPMZPROG1' in the field below and press enter.

Then you will get a popup saying that this program does not exist and do you want to create or not. Say Yes.

Then it will ask for the TOP include program. Leave the default program MZPROG1TOP and press enter.

Now you have the module pool program created. Later you can add screens to this by right clicking on the program name.

Vinod

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi aasr,

I think the confusion might be because you are trying to create a dialog program using the individual transactions likes SE38, SE51 etc.

Try and create the entire dialog sturcture through the Object Browser SE80 ... as suggested by Vinod your program name should be SAPM_____.

This will in itself create the TOP include and PBO and PAI and subroutine includes automatically.

Hope this helps.

Best regards and all the best,

Adi

Vinod_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you create a dialog program SAP will automatically prompt you with a default TOP include name. If the program name is SAPMZTEST, the TOP include will be MZTESTTOP. Can you let me know what name you get there or the changed one?

Vinod

krzysztof_konitz4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should replace "*****" with your prefix.

Usually the convention is that if your application have name ZTEST, include name is ZTESTTOP. Of course you can choose any prefix in customer name space.

Krzys