cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CURRENY CONVERSION RULES TABLE - FORMULA FIELD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a list of rate types (avg,end,hist etc) defined in the Rate account dimension. The currency conversion (SPRUNConversion) procedure is running fine for all these rate types.

Now I have added two new ratetypes to the rate account dimension. I have added corresponding rate date for these accounts for all reporting currencies for the required category and time. I have then used these new rate accounts in the 'FORMULA' field of the Currency Conv Business Rule table. When I now run the SPRUNConversion procedure I get the following error

SPRunConversion Version 7.0.112

ERROR FX-310 Timeid=20090300 - Nothing Extract from Fact - RATE

When I go back to the Rate dimension and change the 'Ratetype' property for the new rates to blank (from 'FX') then I dont get any error with SPRunconversion however the accounts related to the new Ratetypes do not get processed.

I have tried everything (Full process of dimensions, Optimizing applications etc) but nothing seems to work.

Any idea why the CC table is not accepting the new rate accounts?

Thanks,

Prasanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings Prasanth,

Please advise how you resolved. I am getting the same error.

Regards,

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

There is an inherent limitation in BPC 7 MS version in the number of characters of the combined total of rate id characters with rates that you can define in the rate application. In my case we are trying to maintain in 'GLOBAL' rate entity about 12 different rates (avg, end, historical etc) and the combined char total is around 750. When we run currency conversion all the rateids are put into a field, but the char limit of this field is 500 char, so the system gives out an error.

The currency conversion logic only considers those rate accounts with Group 'FXTYPE'. So when I remove this property for a few rate accounts, they were not considered and since the rateids char limt as mentioned above is within the 500 char limit the currency conversion was happening without error.

This has been reported to SAP and they confirmed that it is a bug and this will be addressed in the SP being relaeased end of this year.

We did a workaround by maintaining single alphabets for the rate ids i.e., AVG=A,END=B etc ... and used Rate entities to take care of the number of rates that we had.

Thanks,

Prasanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasanth.

The problem could be that the Rate Fact tables have no data in the period that stated in the error message. This may be the reason why you do not get the error message when you change the RateType. Double check to be sure there is data in the time period mentioned. Also try to run the stored procedure for a differ ent time period.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Have you tried to full process just the time dimension?

Hope this helps,

MVS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasanth Gandlur,

Did you fix this, can you kindly post the answer.

Thanks

Sam