Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency translation, Quantity, and other Units of measure

Oleks_Master
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello BPC experts,

We need not only amounts of money in our project but also other units of measure: such as quantity/value in Ton, consumption in kg/Ton, days, heads. Consequently we consider using Unit of measure as a separate dimension. As I know, there is not a filter "Other dimensions" in standard business rule as it exists in Logic scripts. So my question is how to configure the standard business rule in this case to run Currency translation from Consolidation Monitor?

Best regards,

Oleksandr

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like you have no options...  In BPC standard there is no real support for multiple keyfigures! And FX rule setup is very limited...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Oleks_Master
Participant
0 Kudos

I also thought that there is no way to use Consolidation Monitor... just to confirm.

But we can use standard Data Package if we change standard Logic Scripts, can't we?

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Standard script logic are used for bpc delivered functionality. Since you will not be able to use currency conversion, then the standard script logic of currency translation cannot be used.

You can create a custom script logic as per your requirement

Regards,

Rahul

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just try with OTHER configured in the script!

Oleks_Master
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your replays.

Yes, I meant

OTHER = [UNIT_OF_MEASURE=%UNIT_OF_MEASURE_SET%]

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot use standard currency conversion rules.

Workaround:

The only differentiator you can have is FLOW dimension. If you are using flow dimension and somehow you were able to put different flow for amount and different flow for other UOM, then you can use standard currency conversion.

Regards,

Rahul

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately flow play another role...

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agreed.

This is the only reason why i said a "workaround".

Regards,

Rahul