cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Multi Provider on 3 /CPMB/ Cube to generate Bex Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have 3 cubes in BPC for a Sales & Revenue Planning.

Now we have a requirement, where we need to create a Report on the three BPC , /CPMB/ cubes.

Can I create a Multi provider on the three BPC Cubes and generate Bex Report on the Multiprovider?

If i do a full optimization, what will happen to the Multiprovider? because after full optimization the Technical name of the cubes get changed.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks

Krish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pal,

If your requirement is just to create a report on the data from three different applications you could do it by using multiple EVDRE in one template.

Even if you have less than 13 dimensions in the application, as the data grows, there are chances that the technical names of the underlying cubes will change.

Thanks

Anjali

SEdelstein
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Krish -

Please take into account the following when pulling data out of BPC into BW for reporting:

1. BPC will flip signs on data depending on account type when viewing the data in a BPC report/schedule. You will need to replicate this feature when you extract the data from the BPC cubes or your data may present with the wrong sign.

2. BPC security is bypassed once the data is removed from the BPC cubes...you will need to add BW security on this data to preserve data security.

3. If you are using dimensional formulas, these will need to be replicated on the BW side using calc key figures or something similar.

I assumed this post was referring to a BPC 75 installation. If you are using BPC 10, you also can use the EPM10 AddIn to view data from multiple sources in one report...including data from BW as well as BPC.

Regards,

Sheldon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pal,

Hope you good.

Krishan here from London, If you are finding issue related to BI get in touch on my gmail.

Kind regards

Krishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have less or equal to 13 dimensions in the BPC cubes, then full optimization wont change the technical name of the BPC cube. However, if it more than 13, then the technical name will change. And each time, the multiprovider will become deactivated. So, you will have to manually activate them every time.

Hope this helps.