Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

Creating Link ID from SSM 7.0 to BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create a link id from SSM 7.0 to BI but i am not getting "SAP NW BI RFC" in database type to create link id.

please suggest what to do?

Thanks

Anuj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Recardo,

i am using SAP OLEDB to create link id and its is giving me an error which is as follows:

OLEDB:Error: 80040e4d Authorization failed.

COM:Code: 80040e4d IDispatch error #3149

Source: MDrmSap.2

Description: Authorization failed.

Thanks & Regards

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anuj,

In order to use SAP OLEDB connection type for the LinkID, there are a few dll files that you need to make sure to have on the latest version. I'm not sure right now which ones they are, but anyway that is one of the reasons SAP now only supports BAPI as the connection mode to BW. It is not dependent on any dlls and so it is less likely you run into errors because of anything that is unrelated to the product.

I would therefore advise you to establish the connection to BW using BAPI. Perhaps the following note can help you:

[Note 1297726 - Enabling BAPI connections within Application Server|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/0001297726]

Best regards!

Ricardo Vieira

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Recardo,

When I an trying to create Link ID by "SAP NW BI RFC(load balancing) then also i am facing an error which is as follows:

RFC Error = 1 Error group 4: RFC_COMMUNICTAION_FAILURE

don't know how to proceed further

please help

Thanks & Regards

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

I'm facing to the same RFC error, but I get it when i'm trying to Import Data to BICA. How did you solve it? I'm working with SSM 7.5

Thanks in advance

Bob_McGlynn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Rocio,

This is a different kettle of fish and you may want to repost this as a new question about BICA connections.

If your LinkID works then you may have to go back to BICA and check all of your settings, here are some general guidelines:

At least 1 standard time characteristic must be in the rows/columns or free characteristics

Max of 12 characteristics for any given query

Only Queries with 1 Key Figure Structure

Query values in BW should already be converted to a single currency or unit measure.

Regards,

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Bob

I'll open a new thread about my RFC error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Recardo,

i am using SAP OLEDB to create link id and its is giving me an error which is as follows:

Thanks & Regards

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Recardo,

Thanks & Regards

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Recardo,

Thanks & Regards

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anuj,

What is the SP that you are using? If you installed the latest SP, that option should be available.

If you have the latest SP and do not find that option when creating a LinkID, then you should rename you lsdal.ini file (c:\windows) and reinstall the application server component. This will install an updated lsdal.ini with those connection options enabled. You can then copy the information for the other LinkIDs you have already created from the old lsdal.ini to the new file.

Best regards!

Ricardo Vieira