Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create New Dimension Members form an Input Schedule Templete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

BPC NW 7

BPC 7 M

Is it possible to send new dimension members from an Input Schedule template?

We would like to offer the possibility to the user of create a new dimension member . So, I have created a template with same format as dimension members import file and use a macro to upload the file, but the extension files donu2019t match up, because the import file must be .csv and the template is an .xls

Now, we are working with NW version, but if it is a functionality not supported in NW but it is included in Microsoft version, let me know as well.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Ana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

Please let us know if you were able to load master data through input schedule in BPC NW?

If yes, How?

Regards,

Swetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the microsoft version it is very easy. You can write a macro which will add new row in the excel file stored in the server for each dimension (i remember it is the dimcache folder) and then call the the dimension process package, and it will be reflected.

But this process is not valid for the NW version. I am yet to find an option for that....

Thanks

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Can you please share the macro coding you used.

We have a business requirement where the User needs to enter new dimension member directly in the input schedule at the time of planning. Can this requirement be met?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana - I undertsand that its not the right path to use input schedules to load /update dimensions.However i wanted to know fronm you or any thought process whether you were able to create input schedules to do thesame in BPC NW.?

regards

savvvy

i045436
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Normally, the end-users should not have administrative rights to change/upload master data.

If you want to built something like this for a set of administrative users, you can design a custom DTS package which take the xls file and upload it into a temporary SQL table and then use Admin_MakeDim task to upload the masterdata into the system.

The Import package is built to only load transactional data.

From what I know this is valid for NW version as well.

Best regards,

Mihaela

Former Member
0 Kudos

BPC 7 M

Hello,

I created custom table according to the Sap Note 1110508 and loaded dts package Admin_MakeDim. The process finished successfully but nothing happened. Then I processed package "import dimension.dts" and it finished with error "System.ApplicationException".

Does any work with these packages? Does these packages really work?

Thanks for your help!

james_lim
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I just post an answer about how to make dimension using SSIS. My posting is simple but it has all basic concepts. please search it and post your question or opinion to that thread.

Thank you

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

These packages really work! The problem was only because I used old version of these packages.

Edited by: snatalia on May 13, 2009 10:30 AM