cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying comments from one forecast category to the next. BPC 10 MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I used the standard copy package in BPC 10, EPM 12.2 to copy data from one forecast category/version to another. (Forecast Version 1 ---> Forecast Final)  Should the comments follow, or do I need to run another package, etc?  If I do need a special process to accomplish this, what is the high level best practice for this task?

Thanks,

Jason Cobb

BPC 10.0 MS

Version 8, EPM 12.2

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

the standard package "copy" copy only the data, i.e. the facttable records, the comments are in a different table "comment<Application>", so you need to copy it building a SQL queries and if you want launch this query through a custom package.

There is an Enhancement request, see please http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1533388, but is still active.

Kind regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for the response.  Just one quick follow-up question.  Is this still the case with the newer versions of the EPM add-in?  We are running BPC 10.0 with EPM 12.2.  I noticed the linked enhancement request is tagged with BPC 7.5 vs. 10.0.

FYI my way around this is simply building a report that retrieves all comments from the source category and then sending them to the destination category via an input schedule.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Jason

Answers (0)