Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPF: Validation error; owner property missed

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I'm running BPC Release 7.50.06 and I'm following the B59_BPC075_BB_ConfigGuide.

At section "5.2. Creating Business Process Flow", point 14, it is stated that I have to chose the owner for the step properties.

The problem is none of the values found in the drop-box do not match any of the users created in BPC. Those seam to be some dimensions found in the PL_PLANNING application.

If I try to continue like this, I receive errors like:

BPF: Validation error; member item not defined in drive dimension

BPF: Validation error; member "xxxx" in step "3-xxxx" has no active owners

which I'm sure they are all true, but how do I manage this issue?

Thank you,

Marius

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

You need to execute the below steps:

1. Add an OWNER property in the P_CC dimension. Assign some user IDs in this property against each of the members.

2. In the above dropdown box, select the OWNER property.

Hope this helps.

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This might be the answer. Do u have any suggestions to where to add this property? I'll look for it in the best practice ... while waiting for your answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

You need to go to the "Maintain Property" of the P_CC dimension in the admin console. Add the OWNER property. Then, go to the member sheet, you should be able to see the OWNER column. Add the user IDs.

Hope this helps.

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In the Dimension LIbrary I only have 5 properties: Name, Caption, Type, Ref Dimension, and HIR. I can't add a new property

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the dimension library, select your dimension, and then click on "maintain dimension property". You should be able to maintain property here. If you cant, then you, probably, dont have the authorization to do so. In that case, check your task profile.

Hope this helps.

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I can maintain the properties. the existing ones are only 5, mentioned up. Any idea how to add a new one ? None of the dimensions have more or less than 5 properties.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

In one statement, you are saying that you can maintain properties. On the other hand, you are asking how to add a new property. Maintenance of properties is a basic thing.

Please check the below link from help.sap:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bpc75_nw/helpdata/en/79/3643be0cec44cc819cf3c7e697b2b7/content.htm

Hope this helps.

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok. Read some more and I did it like this:

Here, I added the property:

Here I added the values (I'm not sure which one is the correct way to input the user ID put I used several values with the same result):

And here is the result:

What am I doing wrong ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to the step region criteria of each of the BPF steps, and assign the OWNER property.

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I did. All of them have it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The ID that you have added in the dimension - is it available in the user list in BPC?

Did you process the dimension after adding OWNER property values?

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes (clicked odn the Process Dimension link)  and Yes (it's the user the I use now, that' I'm connected with, and changed the form from BW\MARIUS to MARIUS or other things and I get the same error)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Please raise a message with SAP.

It is difficult for me to identify the problem without looking at the system.

raghu_ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

Please check the replies in the below thread for BPF issue.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3196776

Regards,

Raghu

MariusStoica
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well I've read lots of posts similar, but that's the thing. I have no "valid" user id's there ... ergo I can't select a valid one. How do I change that? How do I add them? or Where?