cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC NW Journal Posting Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have created Journal Entry Template with header Information Category,Group Time.

I have entered one Journal Entry and saved it.

While Posting the same, I am getting the error as follows

Failed Reason:

Write-back failed

Write-back failed

Some records did not pass checks; security, work status, etc.

Member () of dimension (GROUPS) is not a valid member

Member () of dimension (GROUPS) is not a valid member

Here in Group Dimension I have created Member as LC and USD.

What could be the issue of such, How to Resolve this error.

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ritesh,

we experience a similar issue .Appearantly when saving the values of certain dimensions in the detail lines are overwritten by the value of another dimension resulting in the error. Did you find a solution for it. This probably is a bug ...

D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is a bug in the system

SAP has released the note 1422291

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Have you checked the Member Access Profiles and made sure that the existing members you are trying to post exist within the profile? Are there work status locks?

If possible (if you are in a dev environment) delete the work status locks (if there are any) and attempt to re-post the journal entries. If that still doesn't work at that point I would check whether or not your authorizations are the issue. An easy way to do this is to assign yourself the FULL_MBR profile making sure that the profile is up to date including security for each application within your AppSet.

If you have done all of the above and you are still having trouble posting I would check that you are posting members with the correct case (in BPC NW the account "cash" and the account "CASH" are two separate and distinct accounts). Case sensitivity is one of those things you should always be cognizant of when working in a BPC NW system which is quite different from BPC MS if that is what you are accustomed to.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers, Scott