cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC Import 5.1 backup into 7.0MS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

if we have a backup of an appset done with the server manager funcionality in BPC 5.1, can we import it right away in 7.0MS?

If we can't, is there any migration tool to do so?

Regards,

Rafa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've done it on different appset from SQL 2005 to SQL 2005.

The problems I met :

- time dimension : I could'nt process these dimension as USERTIMEID was empty. You have to copy the TIMEDID column in USERTIMEID which is a good practice to keep your data relevant (if you do want to keep your USERTIMEID empty ?), switch the column after TIMEID. It works.

- Unable to log on into the administration. I found what to do in the SAP note : 1331040

A dimension contained a member with the same name as the dimension.

But I met a problem on an application without this name problem. I just saved the application again using the method in the SAP note to log on and it worked.

Hope it could be helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry but actually I don't entirely follow what to mean.

1) So you mean that the only consideration is the SQL Server Version?

2) I guess that you mean that you have done imports from SQL 2005 models into SQL 2008, which is exactly my case. Then, the operations you have done with TIME dimensions, you have done that with the Admin Console (after importing the backup then) or you did changes to the tables in the backup directly?

Regards,

Rafael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rafael,

If you haven't already done so, check out the BPC 7.0 MS upgrade guide in the SAP service website's documentation area.

(Note that there's an updated doc for 7.0 SP3 - filename SAP_BPC_70_SP03_M_Upgrade.pdf)

Even if you're upgrading to 7.0 on SQL 2005, there are some time dimension properties to add or modify, before you backup from your 5.1 system, and some other considerations depending on your application usage.

Full details are in the upgrade guide. Many of them may not apply to your application, so it pays to read carefully.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I have never checked the service marketplace, I'm not sure I actually have access to it.

Regards,

Rafa

Answers (0)