cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC for Excel hangs when multiple users submit data to the same application

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have recently implemented BPC and have been running user trainings to get ready to start using the application live in August.

During these trainings, users have used pre-defined scripts to learn about the different functions.

Some of the steps have users using the same template to submit random data to the database. The issue is that everytime we do this, a few of the user's clients hang with the "processing" message in the top left corner of the screen.

During peak budget season, it is probable that this scenario will happen and we would like to avoid it. The only way around it is for the user to kill the session and resubmit the data. Restarting the SendGovernor service will also do the trick.

Has anyone experienced this before? I have a ticket open with SAP but I figured I would throw it out on the forum and see what I get.

Thanks,

Kynan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kynan,

I face the same problem with a same due date.. what a coincidence.

well i tried different methodology from input, running script and refreshing the data once for all. and i got hang like you said, restart the service is one of our tricky too.

but finally after do some testing, we found that when running script is on going into some particular dimension and some user refreshing that dimension on parent gotcha problem appears...

i don't know exactly what happen in BPC. But right now, we trying to use work status to make a trick to this issue.

i hope you can share info what OSS said about this.. ( not yet create a ticket. )

thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing thread to do further testing as the problem is very intermittent.

james_lim
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Which version are you using?

If you are not using BPC 7M SP7, you need to apply SAP Note for fixing Send Governor issue.

SAP Note Number : 1456495

I hope it will help you.

James Lim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

We are at SP7. SAP Support had suggested that fix as well.

We had our last day of training today where we TRIED to replicate the problem and of course, no one got hung up.

Go figure. We have some testing scheduled next week for this so for now, I think I will close this thread and open another one if necessary next week.

Thanks for all of the replies!!!

Kynan