Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC : Data load issue

former_member644292
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am running a data package which loads data from BW cube to BPC cube and i see no new request generated in the BPC cube.

When I checked the detail log,i could see all the records in rejected records with the below message.

Line0 :Cannot access the member (ACTUAL) of dimension (CATEGORY)

What is that i am missing here,my id has been assigned with proper member access profiles through which i can read actual(category) data.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

You would need write access, read access will not allow you to load. Also, check the case of the ID ACTUAL or Actual?

Regards,

Kalyan.

former_member644292
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Thanks for the response.

I have just now tried changing the member access profile with Write access and it has worked.

But i am confused on why we need to have write access ,becos we are not doing any planning on actuals but just loading them into BPC.

And where do i need to check the case of actual ? is it in member acess profile ?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

To load any data to BPC the user must have write access irrespective of whether you are doing planning or not.

The case can be checked by opening the dimension in admin console.

Regards,

Kalyan.

former_member644292
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

I have checked with the Authorization team,With read access to category - ACTUAL in Production system users were able to run the packages successfully and load data into BPC,but when i am assigned the same access in QA system i am not able to run the package until unless i am given with Read & Write access.

Are we missing some other configuration in QA system ?

Thanks,
Chaitanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Please check the roles maitained in the (BIW) Back end.

See if Role /POA/BUI_FLEX_CLIENT is maintained.

Thanks,

Devaraj.v

former_member196060
Contributor
0 Kudos

How did you confirmed that user doesn't have write access to ACTUAL member in catogory dimension? It might be possible that he has been assigned other DAP inherited from other TEAM assignment.

former_member644292
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have got security reports generated by authorization team from production and have checked what all teams the user is in and what are the member access profiles(MAP) the team has.

Also i have checked what all members assigned to his MAP's.

Only 2 MAP's in his teams has category "ACTUAL" with "R" access.

I didn't understand the second part of you reply, " It might be possible that he has been assigned other DAP inherited from other TEAM assignment".

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

With only read access you BPC will not allow data to be loaded whether it is QA or Production. Please check and confirm the if user/team with Read access can actually load data in Production.

Regards,

Kalyan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello chaitanya have a look at the "CATEGORY" dimension IDs. Check if it is "ACTUAL" or "Actual".

Netweaver version takes uppercase/lowercase of your inputs seriously.

praveen