cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 7.5 retract Comments to BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a business requirement, that budget comments has to be retracted back into BW. I have no problem retracting transactional data back to BW..

But how do i retract comments ?

Where are these stored ? On the .net server or in BW ?

Any thoughts/comments on this is appriciated. 🙂

Thanks,

jdalby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raghu_ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jdalby,

Please check the SAP Note 1667977 - How to find out if BPC comments have been saved for your issue.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

thank you. This was very helpfull..

Now my next question is - will these tables have the same technical name through time, or will these tables change technical name over time ?

For example - if you optimize an application - the tables can get a new technical name.

I would assume these comments tables would have the same technical name over time, but......

regards

jdalby

raghu_ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jdalby,

When you run the Full Optimization there are chances that the technical names of the InfoCubes/ Applications might get changed. During Optimization the System will let you know whether the Full Optimization is necessary or not. So that you can go for Lite Optimization. I heard that when you perform Full Optimization on MultiProviders the technical names doesn't get changed.

Regards,

Raghu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The comments are stored in different tables for each of the applications. Below are the steps to access the table:

1. Go to SE16 and enter the table name as UJA_APPSET_INFO. You will get the appset prefix (XX) in this table.

2. Go to SE16 and enter the table name as UJA_APPL. You will get the application prefix (YYY) in this table.

2. Go to SE16 and enter the table name as /CPMB/XXYYYCMT

where XX = appset prefix

YYY = application prefix

Hope this helps.