cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 7.5 NW- error 'Name or password of RFC Communication user is invalid'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum Participants,

for the error above i need urgent any solution.

Environment: Win 2003 R2, CPMBPC 7.5 SP09, BW 7.2 Sp09, .NET BPC 7.5 SP09.

I put through the monthly password changing. First in Windows, than in BW and refreshed IIS.

Now i have access to the BPC Excel Client and BPC Web Admin Client, but NO ACCESS to the BPC ADMIN CLIENT. When I log in to the BPC ADMIN CLIENT, I get the error "name or password of RFC communication user is invalid".

It is very curiose error. Can someone tell me is there anything else that I can do?

Thanks in advance!

Alisher

Edited by: Alisher Babaev on Jan 4, 2012 10:39 AM

View Entire Topic
former_member188972
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This error message can be generated by two situations:

If your Netweaver license is expired (you can check that on transaction SLICENSE) or if you have a problem with the BPC ABAP user roles.

In second case, you can regenerate the roles sap_bpc_admin, bpc_sysadmin and bpc_userin in PFCG transaction.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

thank you very much for you posting. As you said i have checked both cases:

(1) The NetWeaver License is NOT expired.

(2) how can I exactly regenerate: by copying, changing or assigning? Please, could you introduce me may be step by step?

Thanks.

Alisher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

thank you very much for you posting. As you said i have checked both cases:

(1) The NetWeaver License is NOT expired.

(2) With this Transaction is possible to regenerate the user profiles by doing so:

-> PFCG -> Role:SAP_BPC_ADMIN -> Change Mode -> Tab: Authorizations -> Expert Mode for Profile Generation -> Define Maintenance Type: - Delete and recreate profile and authorizations, - Edit old status and - Read old status and compare with new data. If I select the first option than "All authorizations are recreated. Values which had previously been maintained, changed or entered manually are lost. Only the maintained values for organizational levels remain".

If so, I have gone on Display Mode and under Tab for "Authorization" selected "Display Authorization data". We can see there that the roles was created manually. Question: if I regenerate the profile, do the values will be really lost?

Thanks.

Alisher

former_member188972
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest to use in PFCG:

Menù: UtilitiesMass Generation

Insert the roles in selection screen with option "All roles".

Execute and follows the procedure (is quite intuitive).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have begun with SAP_BPC_SYSADMIN and instead to merge the old authorization with news (regeneration) inadvertent deleted. And 2 other SAP_BPC_ADMIN and SAP_BPS_USER roles I regenerated successfully. Is it possible now to recover the old authorizations for SAP_BPC_SYSADMIN?

Thanks.

former_member188972
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ouch!

Have a look in PFCG to the menu:

Utilities\Role comparison

Insert the role, set option "Compare destination" and choose an RFC to the client/system with the role untached (you can use the 000 client or another system in your BPC landscape).

So you can compare at first and then adjust the role.

If the system give you an error because the role SAP_BPC_SYSADMIN doesn't exist anymore, create it empty before and than continue with the comparison / adjust.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

the Problem is solved. The Validity period of 2 sap bpc user accounts were experid. After prologation i can log in again.

Regards

Alisher