Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 7.5 NW - CURR CONV

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I need urgent help on a issue:

Whenever I run Currency conversion. All the data posted in the application through the "COpy" data manager Package is being Reversed.

Please suggest how to resolve this issue.

Regards

Jigar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are copying to RPTCURRENCY "LC", that shouldn't happen.

If you are copying to a reporting currency, example: USD, then currency conversion will replace it. Unless it is in a data source that is not applicable to translation - through the data source property "IS_CONVERTED" set to "N".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply

I am converting from LC to RPTCURRENCY GBP. I put in the copied data from (Data Manger Package) to another Datasrc Called "MANUAL_INPUT" and have the IS_CONVERTED "G" instead of "N" because at the time of Consolidation I would need this data to be Cosolidation to the respective groups for eliminations, COI and other Automatic Adjustments.

Can you please suggest any other way to handle this issue.

Regards

Jigar

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are copying in the group currency version, then you still want it to remain unchanged. So, use a RATETYPE that points to business rules, that use FORMULA "AS_IS". That should copy whatever you enter to the other consolidation groups and will not change what you enter or copy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Steve

Thanks for the reply. I have one more question

1. There are some discontinued entities in May data for which I want to copy to OCT in "NON_GROUP" but RptCurrency "GBP". I use data manager package to acheive the same and send to "Manual_Input" Datasrc in OCT. This is for all the chart of accounts but only selected entities.

2. Then I want to do my Intercompany matching, manual adjustments etc to all the entities in "Non_Group" but repotting currency GBP

3. Then I would like to convert the same to respective groups from "Non_Group". Will System again run all the currnecy conversion rules and convert from LC to group currency of the system will convert from Rptcurrency to Group Currency.

I wan to acchieve conversion from Reporting CUrrency to Group currency as all my adjustments and manual posting will be in rptcurrency.

Can you please suggest how to achieve this?

Regards

Jigar