cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 7.5 MSFT SP05 to SP11 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BPC Experts,

We are running SAP BPC 7.5 SP05 (7.5.106.00) on Microsoft environment and will soon upgrade BPC to 7.5 SP11 (7.5.112.00).

I understand Service Pack 11 is cumulative but what about patch “7.5M SP11 Patch 5”? Are also patches cumulative so I just have to install that patch5 and not patch1,2,3,4,5?

After we have upgrade test server, will we still be able to restore applicationSets from production (BPC 7.5 SP5) to test server (BPC 7.5 SP11) even though BPC version differs?

I understand there is no way to revert back to BPC 7.5 SP5 in case we face issues after the upgrade to BPC.5 SP11. Correct?

In case we have to go back to previous version (BPC 7.5 SP5) we have to uninstall BPC application and reinstall BPC SP5?

So, in the process of uninstalling BPC, all applicationSet related  data will remain such as SQL databases, OLAP and fileDBs, webfolders etc  and I can just install BPC 7.5 SP5 again without any reconfiguration?

In SAP note 1803261 (7.5M SP11 Central Note) they mention “When restoring an application set after BPC 7.5M has been upgraded to this version, you must recreate the partition if an application has a custom OLAP partition”.

How can I tell if we have a custom OLAP partition?

Thankyou and best regards,

Jonas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should be cumulative, but it's not.  Patch 5 should have addressed the issue with allocation factors expressed as fractions (such as 1/2 or 1/24).  We just installed Patch 6 and found that any allocation blocks using fractions don't recognize the allocation factor.  We haven't tried installing 5 and then 6 yet, however I can confirm that fixes from patch 5 don't function in patch 6.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Brian for the bad news.

Regards

Roberto

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

I understand Service Pack 11 is cumulative but what about patch “7.5M SP11 Patch 5”? Are also patches cumulative so I just have to install that patch5 and not patch1,2,3,4,5?

normally the last one includes the others but if you look on the right link "info" for the patch you will found (sometimes just link to a note) the list of the notes and patch included. I think the last is pacth 6

After we have upgrade test server, will we still be able to restore applicationSets from production (BPC 7.5 SP5) to test server (BPC 7.5 SP11) even though BPC version differs?

there aren't changes in the structure\tables so you should be able to restore the appsets in the new version.

I understand there is no way to revert back to BPC 7.5 SP5 in case we face issues after the upgrade to BPC.5 SP11. Correct?

In case we have to go back to previous version (BPC 7.5 SP5) we have to uninstall BPC application and reinstall BPC SP5?

So, in the process of uninstalling BPC, all applicationSet related  data will remain such as SQL databases, OLAP and fileDBs, webfolders etc  and I can just install BPC 7.5 SP5 again without any reconfiguration?

bpc don't give you the possibility of downgrade the version but the basis can do a snaphot before to start the upgrade and if not ok they can go back immediately to sp5 (before to do this it's better to understand where is the issue and eventually ask a SAP help).

In SAP note 1803261 (7.5M SP11 Central Note) they mention “When restoring an application set after BPC 7.5M has been upgraded to this version, you must recreate the partition if an application has a custom OLAP partition”.

How can I tell if we have a custom OLAP partition?

your basis should know if they have do an OLAP customization, if so you will loose the customizing and they should repeat it again on the new version.

After the upgrade don't forget to process all dims, to do a modify application also recreating the OLAP of all your applications and to do a full optimize.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Roberto!

It's only the SAP notes regarding patch 5/6 that I think is not clear if they are cumulative or not. I will investigate more and see if I can find anything about it.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonas,

in the info file I see all the other patches so if the info file it's correct patch6 is cumulative.

Regards

Roberto