Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all

I recently upgraded and now have the following software installed on my laptop:

1. Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit SP1

2. Excel 2010 32 bit (14.0.6023.1000)

3. Internet Explorer 9 (9.0.8112.16421)

4. BPC 7.5 MS Client (7.5.109)

Per SAP Note 1678822 BPC 7.5 MS SP8 should be compatible with Windows 7, Office 2010 and IE9.

However now when I click on a link to a template in a business process flow, it opens Excel, but prompts me to log on to BPC (same as when you click the Log On button in the Excel ribbon).

It thus seems like it is opening up a new instance of Excel everytime I click on a bpf link and not just using the existing Excel instance (which I've already logged in before) to open the template.

This used to work fine before my upgrade (previously I was on Windows XP, Excel 2010, IE8 and same BPC client).

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Regards

Dewald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dewald,

the issue occurs also with new bpf? Try building one simple bpf from scratch.

Have you tried from "open a bpf" of excel?

Try checking the tblDefaults if you have a different value of MEMBERSHEET_VERSION field and eventually update it.

Check also the SOX-Compliance on the client options on bpc server manager.

Kind regards

Roberto

dewald_fry2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto

This issue happens if I try to access bpf via web interface or via Excel interface. It also happens with links to templates, journals and data manager packages. I've also tried creating a new bpf. I also tried updating the membersheet_version field from 2003 to 2007. All without success. And the SOX compliance option is off on our server manager.

When another user that hasn't been upgraded uses the bpf, then everything works okay. So it seems that it must be an issue with the Microsoft components on my pc - perhaps there is a minimum service pack that must be installed?

Could it relate to a change in our network profile (not sure if that happened) or perhaps an issue with IE9?

Any ideas where the behaviour to open a new instance of Excel comes from - is it BPC specific behaviour, or Internet Explorer?

Regards

Dewald

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dewald,

"I also tried updating the membersheet_version field from 2003 to 2007" if you have 2010 you should set to 2010.

check if you have installed .NET 3.5 SP1 Client.

"perhaps there is a minimum service pack that must be installed?" I don't think so, there aren't notes about that only the one you have seen.

"Any ideas where the behaviour to open a new instance of Excel comes from - is it BPC specific behaviour, or Internet Explorer?" it should depend from BPC.

Have you tried uninstall deleting the PC_MS folder and reinstall bpc?

If so I would ask to SAP what could be the issue.

Kind regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi It seems we have the same problem, could you tell me how can i resolve it? thanks in advance

dewald_fry2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Victor

I received the following solution after logging a call with SAP:

Open Internet Explorer > Go to Internet Options > Security tab > Local Intranet > Custom level > Choose "Automatic Logon only in intranet zone" for the User Authentication option.

Kind regards

Dewald

Answers (0)