cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 7.5 causes Excel to crash

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have recently installed BPC 7.5 for microsoft windows. Since the installation, we have been having numerous problems with excel crashing and eventually excel disabling the BPC add-in.

Is there any kind of permanent solution or fix to this problem? Presently, we have to restart excel, sometimes un-disable the add-in to get it to work.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it solved?

if not, then follow this method

• Uninstall Addon

• Clear Log

• Install again

• Check log for error message

• pest that error message here.

thanks

Rao

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gloria,

can you give more informations please:

excel version?

bpc sp?

Kind regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

BPC version is 7.5.106. I am running Excel 2007 but I have users who are running Excel 2010 who have had the same issue.

thanks

Gloria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

any update on this?

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If its working fine with other users, then the problem is only with a particular system. I am guessing that you might have to install some security patches for office 2007.

Hope this helps.

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gloria,

please verify that you have installed sp2 on office 2007.

Kind regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a couple different versions of Excel among our users. Mine (which does have the crashing problem) is Excel 2007 SP2. We do have some users with Excel 2010 and from talking to our service desk, everyone - regardless of 2007 or 2010 -should have the most recent service packs for their versions.

thanks much for your help - best regards,

Gloria

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gloria,

are you sure that the clients meet the installation requirements contained in the document?

Check even in the p. a. m., if all the requirements are satisfied, here's the link https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/pam in the "SBOP PC 7.5 FOR MICROSOFT". If all it's fine, I think you should try to reinstall bpc (quicker) or office and bpc.

Kind regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gloria,

I think its a problem with the software requirements within the client system. Please check if those users have the right version of .Net Framework and Internet Explorer, as per the BPC service pack installed. Please update the MS-Office to the latest service Packs.

Karthik AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I'll check these requirements.

Gloria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for this suggestion. We'll check this as well.

Best regards,

Gloria