cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10: Trigger "No data to save" Event

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is it possibile to trigger the event "No data to save" ?

What I need is to unprotect the sheet before data is saved (done with the BEFORE_SAVE event) and protect the sheet after the data is saved (done with the AFTER_SAVE event) but I noticed that if there is no data to save the event AFTER_SAVE can't be triggered so what happens, in this scenario, is that the BEFORE_SAVE get triggered -> the sheet is unprotected -> the message "No data to save" is displayed -> END (and the sheet remains unprotected).

Thanks,

Michele

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please take a look at the Read-Only Data option of Report Editor.  Recently I was testing an issue and I noted that if I set some members as read only I cannot send data to them.  When I try I
get the message “No data to save”

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Leila Lappin

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leila,

First Michele is talking about absolutely different case...

Second "I noted that if I set some members as read only I cannot send data to them" - this is a correct and expected behavior. We are setting Read only exactly to prevent sending data to this members.

B.R. Vadim

damovand
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

You are confirming my thoughts regarding read only option but maybe I misunderstood the question.  I thought the question was how to trigger the event "No data to save" that is why I forwarded that information.  When read only is set even if the user types in values the modifications are ignored and "No data to save" is triggered.    But Michelle could be talking about something else or a different version of BPC.

Regards,

Leila Lappin

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

Why do you need to unprotect sheet during data save? You are using Excel protection instead of EPM protection?

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

yes, I'm using Excel protection because I had some troubles using EPM protection.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ups,

Unfortunately you will not achieve good results with Excel protection...

Please, use EPM protection. What issues you are talking about, it works fine...

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I don't remember what issues I had using the EPM protection and why I switched to the Excel protection, but now it seems to works fine (till now...).

Thanks Vadim

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The idea of EPM protection is that it stores the Excel protection password somehow encrypted in the EPM workbook object and BPC is able to unprotect sheet on the fly using this password.

Vadim