cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 10.0: Transfering master data from BW infoObject to BPC dimension w/o data manager package

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

we have a web dynpro framework with which we are able to maintain the master data of BW infoObjects.

This also works with the generated BW infoObjects of BPC dimensions.

We only face the issue, that if we change the master data in the BW infoObjects from within the web dynpro framework, we are not able to see the adjustments in the BPC web administration and thus this is not available in the Excel add-in EPM.

However, if we change the master data from within the BPC web administration, the adjustments will directly be reflected in our web dynpro application.

Is there another step we have to include after we save the master data in the BW InfoObject?

Apparently, the BPC web administration is not recognizing the new master data although it is definitely available in the BW InfoObject.

I also activated the master data in the BW backend and I also used the "save and process" function for this dimension in the BPC web administration.

The adjusted master data was still not available.

Is there some sort of cache or another table from which the BPC web administration is reading the master data information?

We do not want to use the standard process chains for uploading master data.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for your effort in advance.

Best Regards,

Benjamin Schweizer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sreenivasulup
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you try running UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE program with relevant options checked. You could check the possibility of running this program after updating the master data from your frame work.

Thanks,

Sreeni

0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

thanks.

I used parts of the program UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE to refresh the dimension cache after adjusting the master data.

Regards,
Benjamin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Benjamin,

I reckon, there is not another way to update master data in BPC automatically apart from runnin the data manager to load master data. If you have changed master in BW info object and you want to update bpc with modified master, you need to run the DM generated for this purpose.

However, I can tell you one thing, you can schedule your process of loading master data either daily or weekly. By doing this, you wont have run DM manually after every modification in BW info object. the DM will automatically run in back on its scheduled time and will update you master data in BPC. This can help you not to worry about running DM.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Varun

0 Kudos

Dear Varun,

thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, the requirement is to update the BPC dimension right after the update of the BW master data.

A scheduled DM will not make that possible.

Regards,

Benjamin

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try logoff from EPM Add-in and login again / EPM-->More-->Refresh Metadata for current connection.

Thanks.

Raju